Cafe Racer Forum banner

4021 - 4040 of 4243 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
[h=2]1974 Yamaha Rd60 mini street bike Cafe racer..Rare!! - $850 (NORTH TONAWANDA) hide this posting[/h]
<image 1 of 6>

[FONT=&quot]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

651 WALL STREET apt1
(google map)
1974 yamaha RD60

condition: good
engine displacement (CC): 60
fuel: gas
paint color: green
title status: clean
transmission: manual

[/FONT]
Here we have a pretty much complete super rare , pretty much original Super collectable Yamaha rd60 street bike ,Cafe racer style two stroke,five speed manual bike ...it has a new carburetor,chain , sprockets,brake cable...This bike starts first kick,idles all day,shifts perfect...It only needs some cosmetic work,a few detail parts ...which are all over eBay easy to get....And Believe it or not ....it Has CLEAN TITLE!!!!???

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Because I missed out on this..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Yamaha-TZ750B-/112671333696?roken=cUgayN&nma=true&si=JHn9GlSpRGN8OcOJRUs8jlSy2f4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1975 Yamaha TZ750B
1975 Yamaha TZ750 C&J Daytona TZ-750 Vintage GP Road Racer

s-l1600.jpg

1975 YAMAHA TZ750
Special C&J Mono-Shock Chassis
Erv Kanemoto Team Specs. Daytona 200 History

Race and Show Winner - Fresh Rebuild - Historic Survivor. Very Unique Early TZ750; C & J Mono-Shock Frame, Professionally Raced in the 1976 and 1977 Daytona 200's!

Rebuilt motor has 1 hour recent track time; a post break in tear-down inspection has been completed. Original Yamaha monoshock has been recently serviced, and forks rebuilt. Carbs, ignition, controls, gauge, forks and C&J modified bodywork are original TZ. The bike is exactly as raced in the 1970's including factory frame and motor finishes, and Roberts Replica paint; mostly due to having been an indoor display piece for over 30 years. It is a well preserved cosmetically unrestored survivor with patina and race wear. Last started and ridden in 2016, it shouldn't take much to put back in service, or leave it dry for storage or show.

C&J Precision Products of California made a handful of these special TZ750 monoshockers for the Erv Kanemoto Race Team in the mid 1970`s. They all used TZ750B Yamaha running gear including the 750cc 4-cylinder 2-stroke race motors.
Original correct Kanemoto setup equipment includes: Morris Magnesium wheels, Lockheed front calipers, early Vesco fairing, and silenced crossover "California Mack" custom made expansion chambers.
None of the 4 known C&J750's had frame or engine numbers .
Modern front KR124A Dunlop and rear K64R Heidenau tires, new D.I.D. endless chain, and fresh Boysen reeds have been installed for current track use.

An unrelated permanently debilitating spine injury prevents me from ever racing this bike again due to riding position, so it is being offered for sale at a reduced price.

Free local delivery (cannot crate); low cost transport up to 500 miles available.

Sorry, no PayPal. This bike is sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. Buyer is responsible for acquisition.
This is a Dedicated Race Bike, issued WITHOUT A TITLE, and is sold on a BILL OF SALE.

Please message through eBay for an inspection, additional pics, or with questions. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Interesting bike. Fairing looks like a mix of Vesco upper and Stewart lower - maybe it's all Vesco?

Did any C&J frames have frame numbers or identification marks of any sort. I have a 250 chassis that looks to me to be identical to the one that Fast Freddie raced but no numbers anywhere on the frame to identify it for sure.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
You talking to me? No I only used regular barrels. I was offered a K an L with HH barrels on one (don't remember which) but no cash at the time so had to pass. Hummel was a long way ahead of the regular production motors in number and shape/direction of ports IIRC.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/d/1977-rickman-kawasaki-1000/6444641227.html

1977 rickman kawasaki 1000 sports bike - $15000 (lockport)

Hi Here we have a 1977 rickman Kawasaki 1000 sports bike with nickael plated frame .
Was only 8 made of this model the wheels are from Germany
Look at pic,s good and ask questions will take 15.000 or best offer.
Have a lot more parts for jap and Harley Davidson motorcycles carbs motors lot more for early sports bikes
Call frank at show contact info

Look at those wheels.
A peek at the frame

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
that is amazing the condition if unrestored eh ? they look like PM wheels a beautiful simple design a spool hub and 2 spun halves ,brilliant
i have no idea of value but he sounds reasonable
somebody really molested the swingarm though its......l nope i was mistaken on that looking at the images in the cl ad clears up my take
not oem shocks though
i think they came with girlings or koni's

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Looks like the bike was on ebay for a couple times at least. $15k still buys a lot of bike these days. Hard to compete even for nostalgic fans.

I wonder what is up with the swingarm.
Nice catch.

4021 - 4040 of 4243 Posts