Cafe Racer Forum banner

4181 - 4200 of 4230 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
IMHO that is one of the nicer looking seats. Wonder what a (good) new windscreen is worth. As far as I know, not too hard to find. If it were me, I'd be wanting to see it up close just in case the "paint cracking" goes much deeper. All fixable stuff, but lots of work. Its also getting to the age where it might be getting kind of brittle. Not sure that applies to his stuff, but I had a slightly older factory Yamaha one and he had got to the point where it was put on the shelf for display purposes only.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
IMHO that is one of the nicer looking seats. Wonder what a (good) new windscreen is worth. As far as I know, not too hard to find. If it were me, I'd be wanting to see it up close just in case the "paint cracking" goes much deeper. All fixable stuff, but lots of work. Its also getting to the age where it might be getting kind of brittle. Not sure that applies to his stuff, but I had a slightly older factory Yamaha one and he had got to the point where it was put on the shelf for display purposes only.
I'd love to see what that seat looks like on the bike... as well as how it attaches to the frame.

The windscreen is easy to get through gustaffson glass for $100-150. That cracking doesn't look terrible, it's similar to how both my original CR 1/2 and full fairings are. I just find it interesting that he was running a full avon style fairing vs the more common (on kawas) CR style.
The benefit about these older fiberglass pieces is the thickness/sturdiness of them vs the repro ones you get through say airtech

·
Registered
25 Posts
What makes that pile a good anything?
Haha, I tend to like stripped down versions of the bigger engined cruisers/ Particularly K100s and Gold Wings. I know a few people here are doing some. I found it interesting - not necessarily "good" and I posted it hear to see what you guys had to say. Probably premature because I ran into a few more. Mainly I found this thread before the things to make fun of thread and there is no in between.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
So, you are saying that I should have started another thread? ;)
Near as I know you can do anything you want here except threaten somebody, that will get you canned in a hurry.

... oh and apparently they pick on Ichiban Moto for some strange reason, no idea what that's about.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Who is picking on ichiban?

That should stop!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Who is picking on ichiban?

That should stop!
Back when I was sending people to this site from my youtube and doing things like the badass mod of the month etc, the previous site owners gave me a "sponsored vendor" status and banner. When the new overlords cam in, they did not care that I was the unofficial fictitious celebrity mascot for the site and wanted to charge me incredible sums of cash. I was also told that I could no longer use "Ichiban Moto" as a user ID unless I paid. So I stopped posting here. When the overlords see this, I will probably be banned.
They just don't get it.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-muzzy-kawasaki-superbike-750/

1995_muzzy_kawasaki_superbike_750_1559316238582ba92IMG_3876-940x705.jpg

This 1995 Team Muzzy Kawasaki ZX-7R Superbike was ridden to two victories by Doug Chandler during the 1996 Formula USA rounds at Daytona International Speedway. Designated serial #RMRF9503, the bike was initially built for Scott Russell. However, Anthony Gobert replaced Scott on Kawasaki’s world championship team in 1995, and went on to win the World Superbike race at Phillips Island with this bike. It utilizes a works aluminum frame and swingarm, Öhlins suspension, and AP Racing brakes. The 750cc inline-four was also prepared by the works department and features a gear-driven cam conversion. Following the wins at Daytona, Rob Muzzy was forced to hand this bike over to FUSA per their “claiming regulations,” which enabled the sanctioning body to acquire a bike deemed too competitive based on the use of “unavailable equipment and parts that have a major performance advantage.” This ex-Superbike has been in storage for more than 20 years and has not been ridden or started during that time. It is now offered on a bill of sale in Truckee, California.

drool worthy

4181 - 4200 of 4230 Posts