Cafe Racer Forum banner

421 - 440 of 4230 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sometimes it IS better to 'buy the whole cow"?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I definitely feel the weight of the 4LS I have on my CB350. I can't imagine what it feels like on a Bridgestone 125 or 250 Duc!

·
Registered
965 Posts
To be fair, a 180mm magnesium 4LS Fontana is in a whole different league than a 200mm aluminum 4LS GT750 brake. Remember, the Water Buffalo drum brake is basically a cheap Japanese copy of the Grimeca. That original Fontana would be perfect for someone racing a small Italian bike provided it has been checked for cracks (magnaflux or dye penetrant). Or the same guy could spend $2550+ to get a modern replica 180mm magnesium 4LS Fontana from Molnar Precision in the UK.

Otherwise, yes, it is sometimes cheaper to buy an entire GT750 to harvest the front brake then it is to buy the part separately on eBay, especially now that breakers recognize the demand for a more affordable 4LS drum brake (even if it does cost you hundreds of dollars more to restore it to tip top shape).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just cool:

Very Rare YamahaTZR-SP 250 Ca, street legal.

Once in a lifetime opportunity to own this rare machine, 1995 Yamaha TZR-SP 250 2 stroke California street legal with 38,272 km.around 23,000 miles. Recently engine rebuilt cost me $2,700 have a reciept to prove it. Full system exhaust (Jackal), order from Japan ($2000 k). 36 racing flat slide,solo seat,close ratio transmission,dry clutch,braided lines front/back.
Time to sell some of my collection.I want $11,500 for it,

Chris

·
Registered
997 Posts
i had one of those....heavy bike, but the contis sounded great.
title says 340. it looks heavier than that. the bike sat for 30 years inside. as a prev owner of one, any ideas on what would cause it to sieze. other than the obv./moisture in the engine? did you ever hear of any design flaws w/ the engine/trans that would make it sieze?

421 - 440 of 4230 Posts