Cafe Racer Forum banner

441 - 460 of 4237 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
seems to me if the drive chain needed to be cut off theres something wrong w/ the transmission . i like the bike thou, probably sell for way more than what its worth... .. Ducati : Other in Ducati | eBay Motorcycles
If the motor was seized maybe that was interfering with it shifting into neutral. I'm more curious as to why the headline title in the description is:
1987 Yamaha YSR50 -Barn Find-

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
title says 340. it looks heavier than that. the bike sat for 30 years inside. as a prev owner of one, any ideas on what would cause it to sieze. other than the obv./moisture in the engine? did you ever hear of any design flaws w/ the engine/trans that would make it sieze?
My Harley motor sat for 35 years without oil without ever being turned over. I was concerned when I went to turn it over what the cylinders and rings looked like. I imagined they would be rusted to the bores. I was surprised when we stuck a bore scope in a sparkplug hole the bores looked like they were honed yesterday. You could see the fresh crosshatch pattern in there.

·
Registered
997 Posts
If the motor was seized maybe that was interfering with it shifting into neutral. I'm more curious as to why the headline title in the description is:
1987 Yamaha YSR50 -Barn Find-
also it says a "estate find". in sullivan county ny? that means "lying around the yard- near the double wide"

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Just cool:

Very Rare YamahaTZR-SP 250 Ca, street legal.

Once in a lifetime opportunity to own this rare machine, 1995 Yamaha TZR-SP 250 2 stroke California street legal with 38,272 km.around 23,000 miles. Recently engine rebuilt cost me $2,700 have a reciept to prove it. Full system exhaust (Jackal), order from Japan ($2000 k). 36 racing flat slide,solo seat,close ratio transmission,dry clutch,braided lines front/back.
Time to sell some of my collection.I want $11,500 for it,

Chris
Psycho moto boner.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
That is a good price considering Air-Tech's start at $250 and they don't come with windscreens that have to be purchase elsewhere for a minimum of $100. If it were closer than Boise I would jump on that deal. Wonder how it would fit a CB400F?

Near me: Airtech full 3 piece fairing for $125 Airtech fairing with windscreen - $125 (boise bench) Seems like a good deal since they start at $250 on the Airtech site.

Didn't realize this fancy new cr site did auto thingys with craigslist links.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
250 GP replica's make me bump tables when sitting.

They're a massive hassle, you had to rebuild them in short intervals and people screwed with them endlessly, but I still can't believe week after week these pop up in decent condition.

Give me.

Suzuki : Other | eBay
Is one of those 15 years old worth that kind of money?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Yup. If I had ample cash I would pick one of these up. It's worth it to me, but this is more because the best racing I've ever witnessed was the old aussie 250 proddie racing. When 400 4 bangers were thrown in, nothing could beat it.

Riding an RGV on the road through twisties was one of the best rides I've ever had.

Mind you, it's pricey for a reason. They weren't USA market and everybody has them in California. They're hella pricey in the UK now when they were not a few years ago, and in Aus they're pricey but they are all needing a full rebuild. Haven't seen one not wrecked, ruined or running well except for a pal's VJ21. And as I said. Smile maker.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Is one of those 15 years old worth that kind of money?
That one is near mint condition, low miles and is CA titled with the actual VIN number. That alone makes it a lot more marketable as the strongest following for these bikes in the USA seems to come from riders in CA. Plus it's the end of the line, the last factory development of the bike with some trick upgrades. It's worth $10k or perhaps more. It's an instant collectible and a whole lot of fun to boot.

441 - 460 of 4237 Posts