741 - 760 of 4246 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
I wish I had the space

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It's mine (possibly)! I just gotta get rid of a 1975 RD350 (right off the race track with tech stickers and safety wire still on the bike). Engine is free and kicks nicely. Haven't tried to start it yet.
Serious inquiries only. Looking to get exactly enough to purchase that GS.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
post up pics of the rd. title ? (not that , that matters awhole lot) if I like I could 1- pay you for the rd, 2- my house is on the way when you go pick it up, the gs ( and poss drop off the rd?) - ,, how easy is that?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
my storage is right off the garden state pkwy in Edison nj, I think Bergen is father north

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
It's mine (possibly)! I just gotta get rid of a 1975 RD350 (right off the race track with tech stickers and safety wire still on the bike). Engine is free and kicks nicely. Haven't tried to start it yet.
Serious inquiries only. Looking to get exactly enough to purchase that GS.
Damn! That's a deal! Did you get it? This looks like one you should be on your way now to pick up!!!!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
That GS has a nice look.
never riden a 1000, but can say a GS750 is way better then a DOHC cb750

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Did no one read the listing?
Quote from auction:
-- yes the fenders are actually hand formed steam bent wood

What make engine is it?
At first I thought it was a DR650, but seeing the belt pulley I'd say it's a Savage.

Lots of work, but it still belongs in the "take away his tools" folder.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
my wife's mom lives down that way. there a guy who comes to were I work w/ a cbx. hes selling it -$4000. its the one w/ the full fairing; next time he comes in ill get a pic

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Not a bad price.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Damn! That's a deal! Did you get it? This looks like one you should be on your way now to pick up!!!!
Finally got through to the guy. Nice guy actually. He said he had no idea what he had and that he's currently got 3 bids over $5,000 and is talking with a guy in Germany for even more. Too rich for my blood. Guess I'm back to working on the RD for next season's racing.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
These anything special?
asking $2250

1965 Ducati 200 GT
It's somewhat rare but not as desirable as, say, a Mach 1 or Diana. Most Ducatis (in the US) from that era are Monzas or Scramblers. I'm not all that current with values but IMHO the price doesn't seem out of line, they're getting more expensive every year. If you want a Ducati single there are a LOT worse example out there to start with, it seems mostly there and has some desirable parts on it, namely the tank which is very similar to a Mach 1 tank. If I had it I'd probably put on some lower bars, take off the rear rack, get it running and ride it as is. You could build a Mock 1 out of it pretty easily if that was your aim...

741 - 760 of 4246 Posts