Cafe Racer Forum banner

921 - 940 of 4246 Posts

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Holy sweet Mother!!!!!

Kawasaki : Other | eBay

This is NOT a EL replica.
I just don't get it. This bike was run in 1 race and 2 practice sessions by a no name rider. It's selling for over $71K. I know it is a rare bike but $71K worth. I just don't see it.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I just don't get it. This bike was run in 1 race and 2 practice sessions by a no name rider. It's selling for over $71K. I know it is a rare bike but $71K worth. I just don't see it.
It ended up "selling" for over $100k.

Anyway, it's not like there's a bunch of them for sale. I can see the value in it - I don't have that sort of money to throw at a bike.....but it's a WOW bike.

And unlike the CB from a few weeks back, this one actually runs.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
And unlike that CB, it's the real thing. How many S1s are there around in that condition?

The CB was super trick and interesting but almost no CR parts on it other than the carbs. Interesting - for sure. An investment - not so sure.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Ross, close your eyes please.....
Saw this Sweet TX500 chopper on CL a few days ago and left the guy a couple messages and sent some emails.... never heard back so I assumed someone picked it up. I don't have that kind of money anyway, but I wanted to see it in person and would have brought $100 with me just in case ;)

Looks like an authentic 70's survivor to me.... love that paint and seat :D

yamaha tx500 with title

yamaha tx500 with title - $250 (oak forest)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
kz 1000

Not up to date on my pricing for this model, but it looks really well taken care of.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
this has been on craigslist for the past three months. a neat bike and really clean, just waaay overpriced 1979 Honda CBX

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
this has been on craigslist for the past three months. a neat bike and really clean, just waaay overpriced 1979 Honda CBX
My friend does CBX restorations , some to the tune of $25K so if that is a clean CBX the price may not be out of line. Whatever it is worth I would deduct $1000 for calling it "Fast and Furious"

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I've seen worse than the gb250 on DTT. wish we got the gb250 in the states.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
People from Long Island suck

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
where did the "this thing is gonna fly come hell or high water or i am gonna die trying" gusto all go? I'm just thinking a modern sportbike mill cant weigh more than the triumph and would result in better performance right up to the crash site.

921 - 940 of 4246 Posts