Cafe Racer Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 4227 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Whoa. That 89 gsxr is what I am talking about! Bit of coin but it is super nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I saw a guy trying to sell a damaged helmet earlier this week. I can't seem to find the post anymore but... Guy wanted $50 for a damaged shoei lol

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
23,287 Posts

I think that is a very nice, well thought out bike, but would need to see it in person to check. there are worse things you can spend $4K on.

A little caution about BMW's - they ride weird. They are called the "rubber cow" for a reason so it will take some getting used to. If you rev them at stoplights they will try to knock you over.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
1971 bultaco alpina 175cc

kinda decent deal. they aren't very common here. Is this you o1marc?
Nope not mine. Haven't been into dirt bikes since I had my Bultaco in the late 70's and a couple of friends got killed and hurt real bad on dirt bikes. I had an empty lot next to my house in Canoga Park, Ca. and made a dirt course in it and had fun stirring up huge dust clouds. The neighbors hated me cause all I did was fill their swimming pools up with dust.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
I think that is a very nice, well thought out bike, but would need to see it in person to check. there are worse things you can spend $4K on.

A little caution about BMW's - they ride weird. They are called the "rubber cow" for a reason so it will take some getting used to. If you rev them at stoplights they will try to knock you over.
Interesting frame brace.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
no. its very obscure. I will go and see if i had a grand too. could be all in a box. could be a pristine runner.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
A runner for 1k would be a deal

·
Registered
928 Posts
I may be I have a soft spot for the weird. No joke I would prefer either of the two in the picture you posted to the plain paint job on the one I posted. This is coming from the guy who is seriously considering a Honda PC800

Attachments

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
nothing wrong with a pc800. they are very practical.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Hasn't replied to text, won't answer the phone and can't leave a message because his voice mail box is not set up.

there is an address in the ad, you could go door knocking.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
there is an address in the ad, you could go door knocking.
It's about 30 miles, Johns Creek in that area is mostly big business's. I been searching prices on these bikes and for that price basket or not and the ad being 3 days old now I wold be surprised if it's still there.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
You may be the first person, well, ever to say that a k1 "looks like a cool bike." Of course, when they came out, they looked like this:
No lots of people thought the K1 was awesome looking when it came out. I was one of them. It was the fairing issues (cracking and excessive heat) that people hated. Also, remember the bike was $13,000 new in 1988. To put that in perspective you could buy a new 1988 Trans Am for that money (though not a GTA, that had a premium). It's hard to call a bike iconic that costs as much as a sports car and burns your leg when riding it. Still I remember seeing the blue/yellow K1 in showrooms and just going....Wow. At the time we thought the only way you could go 200 mph on the street was on one of those massive plastic fantastics.

- - - Updated - - -

It's about 30 miles, Johns Creek in that area is mostly big business's. I been searching prices on these bikes and for that price basket or not and the ad being 3 days old now I wold be surprised if it's still there.
you never know. when I bought the dunstall the guy had gotten 100 calls but I was the only one to even show up.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
No lots of people thought the K1 was awesome looking when it came out. I was one of them. It was the fairing issues (cracking and excessive heat) that people hated. Also, remember the bike was $13,000 new in 1988. To put that in perspective you could buy a new 1988 Trans Am for that money (though not a GTA, that had a premium). It's hard to call a bike iconic that costs as much as a sports car and burns your leg when riding it. Still I remember seeing the blue/yellow K1 in showrooms and just going....Wow. At the time we thought the only way you could go 200 mph on the street was on one of those massive plastic fantastics.

- - - Updated - - -

you never know. when I bought the dunstall the guy had gotten 100 calls but I was the only one to even show up.
Do a Google Earth search of the address and you will see the whole area is white collar business's. I doubt he has it at work and I would never put my address where the bike was on a craiglist ad selling a valuable bike.

I bought a 1986 Mustang GT fully loaded off the showroom floor for $12900, would have been hard for me to justify that kind of money for a bike at the time.

1021 - 1040 of 4227 Posts