Cafe Racer Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 4246 Posts

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Or shot ignitor. Still should only be $100 or so 2nd hand.

Is that true what he's saying about bikes older than '85 not needing a title?
Yes it is true here in Ga., not just bikes but cars also. In my county, where this GPZ is we don't even have emission inspections required. So everyone runs without catalytic converters. You can't get a title for pre 85 vehicles if it doesn't have one , but you can register it in your name with only a bill of sale.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
yep. that thing would be on the road as fast as ebay parts could come in the mail.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Reply [email protected][SUP] [?][/SUP] flag [SUP][?][/SUP] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-09-25, 1:11PM EDT
[h=2] 1967 Ducati 350cc Road Racer - $4000 (toronto on)[/h]

I have a mint 1967 Duacti 350cc wide case desmo Road racer. it was in the VVRA, until 2008. I have been maintain the bike, as well as bring it to show and shins the last 5 years. call 226-400-0102

thanks
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 4090448490
Posted: 2013-09-25, 1:11PM EDT
email to a friend

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Kawasaki GPZ 550 Project Bike yep. I would do nothing but fix the issue, service, and ride the living crap out of it.
I'm going to go look at this tomorrow night. Is the price right or is an offer of $500 reasonable? Why did they feel the need to make this a leading axle fork?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
hehe. i have been wanting an italian single...and can't afford a ducati. and i simply like the benelli. someone please buy that one before i do something rash.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
hehe. i have been wanting an italian single...and can't afford a ducati. and i simply like the benelli. someone please buy that one before i do something rash.
I sent him a message and got an auto reply saying he was out of touch and to contact someone else.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
how did the gpz pan out?

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
you gave up on the harley Marc?

74 SPORTSER PROJECT

- - - Updated - - -

hehe :)
Hadn't seen that one. I'll check it out. Mine is a 62. Had Charlie Perethian of Vetter fairings and owner of Parabellum fairings over here for the past 2 hours helping me figure out how to mount my XRTT fairing on mine. Reliving some interesting stories from back when he worked with Vetter.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
how did the gpz pan out?
Haven't gone and looked at it. I have no money so I'd be wasting his time and mine. I might go look at it later this week if it's still available. Now's not a good time for selling bikes but a good time to buy. Today's weather was beautiful for riding.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Hadn't seen that one. I'll check it out. Mine is a 62. Had Charlie Perethian of Vetter fairings and owner of Parabellum fairings over here for the past 2 hours helping me figure out how to mount my XRTT fairing on mine. Reliving some interesting stories from back when he worked with Vetter.
Ironic, I was thinking of asking you how you were doing with building a fairing mount bracket. I've been working on the one for my Triumph trying to mate a Norton Production Racer fairing. Many issues with clearances !
Good luck
ed

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Ironic, I was thinking of asking you how you were doing with building a fairing mount bracket. I've been working on the one for my Triumph trying to mate a Norton Production Racer fairing. Many issues with clearances !
Good luck
ed
I'm going to make (for about $10) a mount similar to the mount Airtech sells for $210 for the front and then custom fab side and rear mounts before cutting the fairing up for all the clearance issues you speak of.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'm going to make (for about $10) a mount similar to the mount Airtech sells for $210 for the front and then custom fab side and rear mounts before cutting the fairing up for all the clearance issues you speak of.
That Airtech mount is a highly overpriced piece. Mine is a little more difficult due to the way the steering tube if welded up on the OIF frame.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
That Airtech mount is a highly overpriced piece. Mine is a little more difficult due to the way the steering tube if welded up on the OIF frame.
I'm having to make a bracket that incorporates my internal fork stops so I can't make it a 1/2 sleeve that uses "U" bolts to secure it to the neck. My full fairing will only be temporary for LSR runs. The rest of the time I will run the 1/4 fairing with headlight.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'm having to make a bracket that incorporates my internal fork stops so I can't make it a 1/2 sleeve that uses "U" bolts to secure it to the neck. My full fairing will only be temporary for LSR runs. The rest of the time I will run the 1/4 fairing with headlight.
Can't use the U bolt either.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Can't use the U bolt either.
I have fork stops built into the inside of the neck. A 1/4" tab block welded 25* off center on each side of the steering stem and one welded to the front center of the neck tube itself. The center piece, because I ground down the weld outside the neck smooth, keeps breaking free if you hit the steering stop with any force. So I am making a tab for the fairing that incorporates the tab that goes inside the neck and is welded 2 inches up the front of the outside of the neck for added weld strength. That unit is in the way of where the 1/2 sleeve or plate would "U" bolt to the neck. I'll post a pic of the issue later after I get the fairing off and weld the tab on.

1061 - 1080 of 4246 Posts