Cafe Racer Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 4252 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
so sexy and delicious. I will have an early gsxr one day. I will.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
He says this is one of two 350's he rode to help him win the AMA 750 twin class championship. How do you do that?
he used the force. ;)

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I see that he did it run the smaller motor in the larger class and still won with it. Not too surprising to me as I did the same thing in 03 with my Nascar Mini Stock race car. I spanked them all and had the smallest motor in the field. I ran a 1500cc in a CRX against Mustang and Pinto's running 2500cc motors.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I see the KRTT finally made it to Ebay because he couldn't get what he thought it was worth on CL. Because it isn't worth what he thinks it is. There are too many non correct parts on it to be of any vintage nostalgia value. He doesn't say anything about the parts that are not correct in the listing and only says "Believed to be a Harley Davidson..."

He'd been offered $5K from the owner of Airtech Streamlining (who made the body work) and turned it down.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sometimes it takes sellers a long time to realize the true market value of their item. Some folks wait years until the market value finally rises to the level of their expectations. Sometimes objects deteriorate or the market changes during the ensuing years and it becomes impossible to achieve the price in the sellers mind.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
what was he asking for on CL? It is kind of hard to put a value on an HD racing part without authentication that it is an HD racing part. Honestly, he bought it from someone, why not do a little detective work and see how far back you can go. It has a lot of cast parts which makes me nervous that it was a street XL or KH frame someone converted to KR TT spec.

If he were anything close to reasonable it would be a neat home for the KK motor I know about.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
what was he asking for on CL? It is kind of hard to put a value on an HD racing part without authentication that it is an HD racing part. Honestly, he bought it from someone, why not do a little detective work and see how far back you can go. It has a lot of cast parts which makes me nervous that it was a street XL or KH frame someone converted to KR TT spec.

If he were anything close to reasonable it would be a neat home for the KK motor I know about.
He had it listed as "make an offer". It was acquired from an estate sale of an XR collector.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
1101 - 1120 of 4252 Posts