Cafe Racer Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 4238 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
1969 Honda cl350 scrambler

"I have a restored Scambler that needs a new home. It will come with 2 extra engines and extra parts . I have the original bill of sale from Japan. It was purchased by an Army soldier during the war and shipped back."

pretty interesting background
Where's the background story?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
1969 Honda cl350 scrambler

"I have a restored Scambler that needs a new home. It will come with 2 extra engines and extra parts . I have the original bill of sale from Japan. It was purchased by an Army soldier during the war and shipped back."

pretty interesting background
Which war was that. Usually when people say "the war" they mean WW2. Maybe he means Korea - oops too long ago, or what the Viets call the American war, or the Gulf war or ...........

·
Registered
7,014 Posts

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Get one Marc, get one !
I remember when Members Only were the big Hipster thing, at the time another company made knock offs of it called "Club House" and I had one (Still do). When anyone gave me crap for wearing a knock off I just told them that they were merely a member only, I owned the club house.:D

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Carb/pod conversion. Don't know where he got that those were the fastest bikes made in 82.
ah good eye, I missed that.

I'd consider getting it when I get back to texas, but I already have a big4 and kind of want to get a two stroke next

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
They're not cheap pods though - and those carbs look like CR's or something equally as tasty.

Pretty common to change out the FI to carbs on those bikes because the FI was the weakest link in that model.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Fastest top speed? Quickest 1/4 mile ? Remember the cycle magazine "shoot outs" back then ? When you could tell what bike was going to win based on the ad page count purchased by each bike manufacturer ? :rolleyes: ( oh ,, maybe that's still the case )

I'm saying the GS1100E was the king of mainstream USA in 1982 even though documented history is fuzzy due to what "fastest " meant or who was conducting the "test"

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
what is "inmatstical" are half of this guy's posts ;) wtf does the top speed of an '84 VFR have to do with 1982?

......by the way... the GPZ900R had the VFR by 1 mph in '84 anyway ..

1201 - 1220 of 4238 Posts