Cafe Racer Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 4244 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Wish this guy was asking about half as much. I would buy the pile of parts (yep i have posted this before):
1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750

I have wanted an early gsx-r for a long long time.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
well hell. I think I will call him up and off him a chinese pitbike, 25 dollars in shiny imitation gold coins (street value: 13 cents), a 1989 Kennedy coin, an angry tabby cat, a dead mouse (proof the tabby cat is in working order...), one obsolete rifle cartridge (i think it fits a carcano actually), and a thanksgiving hat which looks like a turkey sitting on one's head. :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Also, the pitbike is a bit of a project. It doesnt have an engine, wheels, swing arm, triples, tank, seat, forks rear shock, frame or controls. Its actually a side cover, a broken front fender and a sticker. But the sticker probably kicks ass. If i could read Chinese and/or Japanese I would verify the ass kickingness of it.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
I traded a used air rifle and two dozen bagels for a cb175 once!
love to barter?

carcano?
i have one, but I will see your oddity and offer a steyr 8x56r round as trade.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
carcano?
i have one,
i bought one when( the 6.5mm one) i was in highschool, what a POS. only know of 1 person to hit what he was aiming at. and he did it w/ the shorter "carbine" model.(although he did have/use a scope)

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
i bought one when( the 6.5mm one) i was in highschool, what a POS. only know of 1 person to hit what he was aiming at. and he did it w/ the shorter "carbine" model.(although he did have/use a scope)
He had help from others also, didn't he?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Carcanos make a most excellent platform to rebarrel to 7.62x39mm. Or 38/357mag/357maximum. Lots and lots of ammo available was undersize for the bore. Plus lots of shot out bores.

I would give two dozen bagels for a running cb175. I need a beater. And I have not had luck finding a frame for this GS500. Certainly not for bagels.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Mine is an actual WW2 bring back.
It is the very short model with folding bayonet.
I think they get an unfairly bad wrap. Not a tack driver by any means though

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
1221 - 1240 of 4244 Posts