Cafe Racer Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 4227 Posts

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Enablers!

Would tic most if not all of the boxes in a bike that I have been looking for.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
The Eldorado looks like a $2K better bike for the extra $500. He's negotiable too, so it's possibly only $200 more...

Stop scratching your nuts and buy the thing.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Never bought a bike long distance.
a bit uneasy about it.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Anybody got any input on these bikes for me? Seems like a solid deal to me.

1980 honda CB 650
Typical japanese crusier/factory chopper from the 1980s. Great as an around town basher, not going to win any speed or handling contests with it, or any beauty prizes. no real aftermarket for it. The lower engine mounts are the same as the cb500/550 from the 1970s so if you have a blown up 1974 cb550 you can slot this engine right in that frame and expand your aftermarket choices. The best examples in the world can be had for $1500 or less. Brake upgrade to the dual pot 1981-82 calipers are cheap and almost a must as those single pot calipers had a tendency to warp rotors.

That one looks exceptionally clean, and probably could be sorted out for a few hundo. Would make an excellent get around for summer ride while rocking that early 80's urban samuari cowboy vibe. Sure as hell would need some decent tires though as I can't remember the last time I saw a set of white letter dunlop qualifiers.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
That's what I was looking to hear. Just want something trustworthy, and a little heavier as the winds here can be hell on me and my 350 on the highway. It's ugly in a way that I dig too.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I was gonna dig up some old Motley Crue tee shirts or something... Good to know I can use my pirate shirt if need be.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Jag I could go look at it and store it for as long as you need. Its not far from me. It is a sweet ride. Looks like he cares enough about it to take good care of it.

1261 - 1280 of 4227 Posts