Cafe Racer Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 4227 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If you make an over seas purchase in the UK from here I doubt you will get the rate from AmEx.
I just checked AmEx conversion and it shows the same rate at $1.687 or $2016
forex.com is showing a rate of $1.698 or $2029
These are both current rates.
If I could get the rate you provided I would do nothing but trade dollars for a living at a 38% profit.
Obviously ol' dyslexic me jacked something up when I typed in the numbers. It's a constant problem for me.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Hey Dirk & Jag,

You see this one:

Yamaha R5/RD350 track bike

[h=2]Yamaha R5/RD350 track bike - $600 (Bergen County)[/h]

condition: good

1971 Yamaha R5/RD350 track bike, currently disassembled. Clip-ons, rear sets, full fairing, Coffman pipes, constant-loss electrical system, Avon tires. The engine will require a standard rebuild for competition. Track only; no title. The bike was originally set up with zero flywheel and constant-loss system, so I don't have any of the street electrics. Racers and knowledgeable mechanics only, please. $600 cash. Also have 1990 FZR 400/600 and a 2002 GSXR 750, both track bikes, no title, $1,500 each. Respond via CraigsList or call James.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Let's buy that and drag it out to MidO!
ill probably be dragging the wife and dog to mid-o. as far as another bike-ha! im trying to finish the gt. looking at about 10grand in the H1. then theres the A7 a H1 under covers, and a closet full of H1 engine. hell, ive got to park the H1 around the other side of the building so the wife doesnt think its mine. ill chip in half if someones got a place to keep it at

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
ill probably be dragging the wife and dog to mid-o. as far as another bike-ha! im trying to finish the gt. looking at about 10grand in the H1. then theres the A7 a H1 under covers, and a closet full of H1 engine. hell, ive got to park the H1 around the other side of the building so the wife doesnt think its mine. ill chip in half if someones got a place to keep it at
Ah but you see the way you get around this is: "Is that a new motorcycle?" "Yeah, it's one Jim/Jag/Geeto bought that I'm holding onto until they can come pick it up". Then tarp it or move it into your storage area until it fades from memory. Bonus points if one of us visits and "forgets" to take "their" project bike home with them!

Method B would be - "but honey I can flip this at mid-Ohio for project money!" Bonus points awarded if you actually take it out to Mid-Ohio and rather than selling it manage to buy additional parts for it to "make it more tempting for a perspective buyer"!

Tempted by the RD but I've got more race projects now than I know what to do with. I was thinking Jag needs a project race bike!

·
Registered
522 Posts
A friend of ours had a 3 wheel offroad - god damn stupidly dangerous things aye, so easy to roll.

Tbh, anything with 3 wheels is a little silly.

(edit) dunno why that wont embed properly, its the TopGear episode with the rollypolly Reliant Robin.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Not too bad for the money. Rear tire looks in good shape. Question on carb work it may need. 2K doesn't buy too much these days, I'd talk the guy down to 1800.00 if you can get away with it - but 2K is not that bad of a price...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
A friend of ours had a 3 wheel offroad - god damn stupidly dangerous things aye, so easy to roll.

Tbh, anything with 3 wheels is a little silly.

(edit) dunno why that wont embed properly, its the TopGear episode with the rollypolly Reliant Robin.
All 3 wheelers silly? I don't think so.
I saw a cracking race at Snetterton about 20 years ago, 3 Morgans, and half a dozen Triumph Triples. The Morgans came 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Attachments

1381 - 1400 of 4227 Posts