Cafe Racer Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 4243 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Ask bobdog about carb'ed Vdues as I believe he had a hand in or was witness to someone setting one up and still claims it is a freaking nightmare regardless as to how it sucks in fuel and air.

I have to agree with withworth - I can't think of owning a bike that is worse than a Vdue, not even this rolling nightmare:
i069307.jpg

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
VDue isn't that bad. I rode one a few years back and was expecting the worst, but it behaved itself that day and was fun to ride (gently) - it wasn't mine and there's no way I could have paid for repairs if I dropped it or blew it up. :)

To put it in perspective, modern 800cc twin sleds manage to work just fine making 150hp and more, albeit they don't do a lot of mid throttle running, but still..................

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
I never knew there was a carby version of this bike.

From what I understand, the FI was the biggest problem with this bike, so a carb'd engine would probably be OK.
hillsy, read the road tests of the horror. They ditched the EFI because it was junk. The close ratio gear box was not close enough. The crank seals sucked. The porting on the barrels was mismatched, and that affected safe power delivery. It bankrupted the company. Getting a moped motor manufacturer to make the motor?, yeah that was a good idea - Not.

The only big modern two stroke road bikes to be taken seriously was the RG500 ( just ) and the RD / RZ 500 ( which I've worked on ).

Furthermore, like many of the ' mid era ' Bimotas, the build quality was crap, and many performed worse than the same motored stock Jap models.

There are still guys who think ridiculous pricetags and red paint bestow some miraculous powers on bikes coming out of Italy. One, they don't. Two, plenty of shiny red bikes have turned out to be total junk. The Vdue probably tops the list.

Vdue: straight to the crusher, do not collect 200 Dollars, and no reprieve.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Another re-run starting on tv over here for OC Choppers. Cant wait
Guess I'm admitting that I actually watched one of their shows...... The wrought iron fence contractor turned "motorcycle builder" is installing one of those horrid tanks on his latest build and he exclaims
"there's the icing on the cake". Perfectly sums it up.... they're a bunch of fucking cake decorators.

BTW The tank painter must have been directly related to Merlin or Houdini. They cobble together some tin that had the shit beaten out of it with a mallet and off to "the painter" it goes.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Sadly he's fucked up his Fokkers with DR.1 wings and a D.7 tail. Plus shouldn't this have been built on a BMW rather than a Suzuki?
Well back in WWI, the Tschermanns used Britisher engines in their own planes, ones they scraped up off the ground or forced down entire.

Alles vair int leben und vor.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
1801 - 1820 of 4243 Posts