Cafe Racer Forum banner

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

633K views 4K replies 158 participants last post by  steveo 
#1 ·
#2,048 ·
The SB2's and the DB1's where super sexy quality items. The HB and similar era ones where all a bit cheap and nasty like a kit bike. I have inspected them in person.

I saw an Bimota Supermono BMW single parked in the street a month ago. It did not do much for me. They look good in photos, but it looked a bit lame and dowdy in the flesh. I think the 650 BMW single would be a big bore.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle fairing

Danger, is my business."

#2,055 · (Edited)
You could get the frame acid pickled, but that would only really work if the frame tubes are open. That would at least neutralise the corrorion, but it would need to be sealed pretty quickly. Not sure if that process would damage brazed welds though.

Car restorers use that over here and it makes a pretty good job.

Sealing being some form of surface coating by the way

#2,060 ·
The seventies cop Falcones are so ugly, you want to walk away from them. I have. They pump out something like 17 horsepower. There are big fat dogs that can run faster without a sweat.

They make T5 Guzzis and Harley 350 Sprints look awesome and beautiful. And that's a big call!

Danger, is my business."

#2,089 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.