Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just wanted to be the first. tell all. Great times had by all.
Tex, you rock. Jen, sorry you crashed, we all saw it!
Tannermatic, GREAT riding on the 50.
Rosko, you can use my rollers anytime.
Lonewolf, you were the GURU.
Branson, keep coming . . . . we need a tech expert.
Clancy, you beat Lonewolf . . . . ugh. I'll check score ono FCB tomorrow.
TT is the new Rossi. Unbeatable Anyone else wants to be unbeatable, let Matt and me re-build your engine. Only takes 5-6 beers. TT was so far ahead in FCB on lap 2 and 3 he was unstoppable . .. Branson thought he was the next Greg Nichols . . . . (Correct me on that, JB!)
Hayden had mechanicals.
Beth Braun got a 1st (or 2nd) in ULSV! ! !! !

Champs, thanks for the beer and grub.

Jersey Girl Rocks, just wish I had a dad who buys me hypermotards. But DAMN I was psyched when I beat both of them (Tex) and Jersey) on the start of MWP into T 1. . . BUt it was a WILD start.
She beat Hirko from what I heard . . . .
More Anon, I'm sore and sleeping soon.

PS. Was that one of the most F#$%ed up starts to Middleweight Production?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
what he (vilie) said
-parks
ps a special repeat thanks to champy for food and beer/margaritas/HANGOVER.
pps congrats to dream-q for her first wood. i put gas in her tank. i helped.
ppps texy's bike is really really fast. (and he rode it well too)

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I thought the whole CafeRacer crowd looked very good. Everyone has come along so nicely in the last couple of years. Beth, watched you a bunch through turn three, and although the bike obviously isn't a speed demon, I thought your line, and your riding were very good, much smoother than typical for someone with your seat time.

TT...wow, just some stellar skillz you have. I was taken aback, I had no idea. It was so obvious from your first run through T-3 even before the restart. It was just a pleasure to watch, thought you were very much Nichols in style...with a touch more modern technique thrown in. From your throttle work on downshifts into the turns, to tagging the apex consistantly and smooth powerful exits, just very impressive to watch...you could literally school people....that is if you even know conciously what you are doing...which I kind of doubt, looks like just plain born ability to me. I'd be very curious to know your racing background....street riding? Race schools? How many years racing? I know I could learn a lot following you around a few laps. You got that something bro, that most people CAN'T learn no matter how long they ride.

Anyway, enough butt kissing. I was real proud of whole CafeRacer and Wanker crowd, lots of good racing. People that were actually kind of slow two years ago.... no longer slow.

LoneWolf....I'm reminded of what someone told me Rossi said about Hayden ...."He will find that the number 1 plate is very very heavy"
Congrats on your FCB Championship (this is number two for you right?), but man you have your work cut out for you next year.

I'll see you guys in the dirt...or next year sometime.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Frank....I drove four hours home and I'm still awake.
And I had to ride around and talk to all you guys all day...talk about tedious, tiring work.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi all, We had a great time at the track this weekend. In spite of the disappiontment of Jens crash in the FCB race. I was several seconds behind her. and though I didn't see the actual crash I saw her scampering along the tire wall. So I was able to continue the race with a guilty conscience. I don't think I got lapped that race by any of the FCBers but please correct me if I am wrong, and really ruin my day.
By the way some one stopped by our trailer, while we were loading up, and mentioned they were on this site but I didn't get your name. Give a shout so I can put a face to your screen name.
As for the dumbest thing that happened this Monday. I ran out of gas on the last turn of the Masters race. Had to coast in to the pits without getting the checkers. Wife is still beating me over the head.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jen looked great . . . for the first 2 or 3 laps until she crashed she was holding 4th place! And no, I don't think you were lapped.

Yeah, Frank, but you have Cancer.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
good time
many late nights spent on the Superhawk (with a bunch of help from Kevin Campbell) but it was fun. Kinda daunting riding a brand new bike on the track for the first time and having no idea what it'll be like. Lucked into a trophy in pre-65 and hooked me on the bike

Slid the sidecar off exiting the bowl on that oil clenup dust- that things not made for offroading. Never felt like we got a good groove going but I think we were closer to the group. I wish we had transponders so I'd know. I want numbers, not just good time feelings.

Hornetboy joined Period 1 with a big effort. Gorgeous Kawasaki and cool little Yamaha. when the bugs get worked out it should be fun to watch.

I couldn't wait to get home last night but I didn't want to leave the "track" Not nearly enough time to see everyone and sit down under different tents
thanks everyone

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
dief544,

I stopped by while you were loading things up. Should have introduced myself, sorry. And on the gas thing. Been there done that. Hopefully I won't do it again. At least you got to coast in to the pits. I had a long push when I did it.

Craig

Craig

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My day started off crappy as my 500 bike had tranny issues so I parked it for the day. It showed som promise during practice. Next year I guess.

The FCB race was highly entertaining to watch. Sure wish I could have been out there swapping positions with you all. Monkey and Evil I've got a 12 pack for you for my engine rebuild. Tim is the Man. I suck for not being out there.

I managed to just barely hold off Jerseygirl in her MW and my HW race. Never saw her but could hear her closing in. Craig checked up for some reason and we got by. Fun following you for a while man.

I had to flog the hell out of my bike in the F1 race to beat Hammerwoman on the last lap, just beating her to the line by a 1/2 bike length. Great race. You are looking smooth.

TEX, as Tim said- you can do better with your REV It sale pitch.
Good to see you up north again.

BFD, cool to see the superhawk out there and podium on your first effort. Very gratifying.

Hornetboy's bikes are top shelf. Nice work Joe. Now if you can just get them sorted.

Tanner skateboard antics were funny.

Caferacer crew rocked!

Frank you weren't tired because you take afternoon naps!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Add me to the list of BBG. In the middleweight/heavyweight race I was running in third overall, second in class when I got on the gas coming out of two when the ass end of my bike came around big time. I managed to stay up but from that point on my right wrist wasn't working as good as it should have. But Jeff and Kerry came by me and I chased them to the finish. No excuses they beat me. When I checked the results at the end of the day I saw that I still took second in my class. Jeff, was your BMW a middleweight bike or a heavyweight?

Add me to the list of TT admirers. That guy was flying. He, I, and Dick Gariepy had a great battle for second in the lightweight race for about six laps with TT getting by Dick and I to take it. Dick got third and I fell off the podium. I've got a new rear tire coming soon and TT and I can have a rematch at Summit. That was a lot of fun.

Craig

·
Registered
227 Posts
We got home at 10pm; that Tempurpedic mattress sure felt good! Especially after sleeping on the bare ground Sun night on my old bones (I forgot my sleeping pad).

I'll repeat that it was a GREAT WEEKEND! Some great riding that stood out; the leader in FCB and Jen in FCB; the finish of the Eurocup (Ithink) where Jeff barely won out over Hammerwoman coming up fast; Tex's hot new bike and BFD's Superhawk living this end of season and doing well - AND MANY MORE. Parks; two firsts!

Thanks all for the encouragement on my riding; Next year I'll have faster bikes so hopefully I will do better (but will no longer have the "stock slow street 175" excuse.....)

Tanner finished the mounts on my Yetman tank for the 305; so I hope to be running two Yetmans next season.

Champ; thanks for your Sun afternoon hospitality and pit-cameraderie. But I missed your dog.

Jersey; where are those autographed Tshirts we saw a preview of? When you're a famous I'll do your web site for you!

I didn't take any pix Monday but J. did with his film camera and now he is away for two weeks- he is getting his racing credentials at a Carl's Track Day in Oct; so look for him next year on his MT125R. Scott V - some competition for you!

Pix of the Pewter run to be posted in a day or two.

Whoever is going to the Giro in a few weeks; see y'all then!

Beth

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Craig, That was my 750 in HWSV. There was some confusion because I had originally signed up to run my 500 in MWSV and when that died I moved up to HW. The scorers didn't catch it and we corrected it during the awards. I didn't see your incedent but I figured you had a mechanical issue.

Beth, that was the F1 race for the hotly contested 3rd position. Kathy called my number up to come to tech after the race. I thought I had some something wrong or my bike was too loud. She just wanted to know who beat who beause it was that close. Good to see you getting comfortable riding too.

KCambell, felt bad for you watching the Open race on the outside of 7. That suxs.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yep, that was the final order.
I almost went down in T12 on the last lap, touched the right jug down hard enough to take me off the line. I figured whoever was behind me must have been spooked but Jersey said she didn't see it.

I had a great dice with Peter Davidson (BSA)in OpenGP swapping positions back and forth.

TT and Tex had th NHMS watchdogs hounding them all day on Sunday. Scoflaws!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
HUGE fun!

Went down to the Pewter Run on Sunday, how cool is it that the H-D "Silent Gray Fellow" that's still chugging along will be 100 years old next year?!

Jeff, that was great. . . next time I'll check twice, no idea you were back there!

I had the best seat in the house to watch the Bumblebee run in F2, first time I've been close enough to see him. He crazy fast.

Jersey, you totally rock. Wish I'd made the MS Match race. Can't be everywhere.

So ends my first season racing, with a long list for the winter. My little darling will be ready -and legal- come spring. Got one more track day tomorrow (Fishtail) before the work begins. At least two more months of two-wheel commuting left, until there's ice on the roads and it's 85 miles a day, in the dark, in moose country.

Thanks all for making me (and M.) welcome, I'm finally starting to learn which names, handles, bikes, and leathers go together.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Good day to get back to racing. Cosmo was very fun. Jay and Tanner sure have picked up some speed. Good to see, as they were fun to race with. Guess I need to try harder next time. Block passes for all you bitches next year.

TT's lead was 15 seconds by the 2nd lap. Crazy. We'll have to bump him up to LW and MW next year.

Sidecar races were great to watch. Good to see Balla and Cornerworker guy who's name I keep forgetting kick some butt. I think Sandy and Doug wrapped up the sidecar championship by one point.

Time to get started on the Yamaha 200 project.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey all- despite my little mishap in turn 3, it was a great weekend. Consider that lesson learned... don't look at the tires! ever! Midge: you better keep up the salad diet all through the winter, you won't get off so easy next time ;) Thanks to all who came over to check on me and the bike, and offer tons of useful tips. Moving the rear sets forward, shortening the pegs to avoid that scraping I do in T2 and the bowl, and steering dampener to try and stop some of that head shake I was feeling coming down through ten. Beth and Mr. Beth (hehe)- thanks for the free pictures! I'm so sad its over already :(

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I saw your accident. Did you lock up the front braking and turning in? Looks like the front hopped a few times before you went wide.

We were all yelling "TURN TURN TURN!".... Gotta look where you want to go. Which I know is hard to do when the tire wall is getting closer and closer.

Was the bike damaged? You could've gotten back in the race if you were fine.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts