Cafe Racer Forum banner

Good use for a Buell Blast

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  bcr 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I am one of those that tried to love the Blast . I have a soft spot for sport thumpers . The idea of the Blast could of been a bad ass little bike but turned out to be a lame . I for one would like to see a kick ass little road thumper come from Buell . If KTM can do it , why not Buell ?

#5 ·
I read on other forums that Buell is planning to drop the Blast. What a shame. They can be made to fly.

JDeesPerformance Buell at Bonneville.

500cc Modified Partial Streamlining Pushrod Fuel. Two run average of 126.959 mph and 500cc Modified Partial Streamlining Pushrod Gas. Two run average of 124.358 mph. Plus Production Pushrod two run average of 116.004 mph.

Hardly what would qualify as lame.

#6 ·
I think the biggest problem with the blast is that it is tiny. Granted the world needs tiny bikes but the world also needs performance singles. If I ever find a wrecked blast and a 1980s-1990s fzr 400 frame I don't see how I could stop those two from ending up as one bike.

#7 ·
Guys, think ducati supermono... why the hell didn't ducati build a street version... Why doesn't Buell build a retro single (or HD) like Enfield or using their own heritage something like the Aermacchi horizontal singles. Or build a do it all bike like the DRZ 400 with multiple versions like supermoto, commuter, dirt, adventure bike all from the same chassis and engine.

Peace
Karl

#8 ·
quote:Originally posted by ksmolenski

Guys, think ducati supermono... why the hell didn't ducati build a street version... Why doesn't Buell build a retro single (or HD) like Enfield or using their own heritage something like the Aermacchi horizontal singles. Or build a do it all bike like the DRZ 400 with multiple versions like supermoto, commuter, dirt, adventure bike all from the same chassis and engine.

Peace
Karl
cause' they left it up to us to do it. Seriously, Caferacer.net is known as "they who shall not be named" round the buell design floor.

#9 ·
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

cause' they left it up to us to do it. Seriously, Caferacer.net is known as "they who shall not be named" round the buell design floor.
lol thats some good stuff right there :)

#10 ·
I actually saw a Blast the other day in a parking lot. It was purple. From the front I thought it was a moped because it looked (ugh...) cute and perky. When I got up next to it, I realized it was supposed to be a motorcycle. I was shocked when I saw "Buell" on the tank. And that's when I realized Buell really did have a sense of humor. They'd have to, to create that little thing in the first place.

#11 ·
I want to like buell's but the B-last was a waste. the thing screamed "entry level" and cheap to my eye. no doubt the motor can be made to go, but you still have to look at the thing.
coffee table is an improvement, from a styling point of view but I feel for the folks who ponied up only to have the company director hit the compactor button.
cheers, bcr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.