Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got a free bike and wanted some insight on how a cafe racer conversion may go or look.

The bike is a Honda v45 Magna, thats a 750cc. Shaft Driven and liquid cooled. I am having a hard time finding any builds towards cafe racer. Plenty of guys make sick bobbers from these. Can any of you point me in the right direction as far as builds, engine replacement parts, wiring harness, and diagrams go?

here is a link to the photo https://imgur.com/a/l2sJg

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
play to the bikes strengths and keep it as a muscle-bike/cruiser.

service it and ride the wheels off of it or sell it.
Trying to make it a "café racer" will only make it ride like crap and look even worse

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
play to the bikes strengths and keep it as a muscle-bike/cruiser.

service it and ride the wheels off of it or sell it.
Trying to make it a "café racer" will only make it ride like crap and look even worse
"café racer worthy" not to sure what that is. the v45 engine is nice. but theres no performance in the rest of the bike. id say NO
Thanks for steering me in the right direction. Will probably build it out as a bobber and flip

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
how does the bike run ?goes down the road stops,starts runs smooth good compression all that stuff?
that picture you linked of a junk bike at the scrapyard is ,like,an early april's fool joke
unless you have unlimited time and money and are familiar with v-4 hondas and actually enjoying pissing away money...srsly that honda in that condition its going to need everything replaced ..unbolt the kickstand ..hold it in your hand and go buy everything else

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how does the bike run ?goes down the road stops,starts runs smooth good compression all that stuff?
that picture you linked of a junk bike at the scrapyard is ,like,an early april's fool joke
unless you have unlimited time and money and are familiar with v-4 hondas and actually enjoying pissing away money...srsly that honda in that condition its going to need everything replaced ..unbolt the kickstand ..hold it in your hand and go buy everything else
That was the idea, to just have a frame to chip away at with $$ over time.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
don't, good grief are you a moron ? it is obvious you have zero experience with motor vehicles
but are you capable of absorbing advice to steer you down a better road ?
i had always thought the cb900c honda the worst bike to modify but a v4 honda shafty ?they are actually a good motorcycle if maintained carefully ,used as intended and not modified in any way that involves engine or carburetor work
but in that condiotion ?$3000 easy, in parts to get it roadworthy
what is your experience to date relating to anything motorcycle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't, good grief are you a moron ? it is obvious you have zero experience with motor vehicles
but are you capable of absorbing advice to steer you down a better road ?
i had always thought the cb900c honda the worst bike to modify but a v4 honda shafty ?they are actually a good motorcycle if maintained carefully ,used as intended and not modified in any way that involves engine or carburetor work
but in that condiotion ?$3000 easy, in parts to get it roadworthy
what is your experience to date relating to anything motorcycle?
I obviously dont meet the prowess required here then. Will scrap and search for another bike

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
just trying to help dont get an old water cooled bike to fix up.period
i dont care if you have zero experience or not..but there is no way anybody can advise an unkown..is there ?

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Faaark....run away from this:

Seriously, that thing is fucked. Not only is it in it's proper place right now (the scap pile), some douchebag has molested the life out of it in an attempt to make a "cafe racer".

Just run away....

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Honda v45 Magna, thats a 750cc. Shaft Driven and liquid cooled would make a wicked nice saw mill build. Maybe you could do that and then sell it for some serious motorcycle project money.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
How much experience riding and or wrenching do you have?
well letys see 50 yearsc ago at 10 my brother 13 my dad a desighner of mechanical shit
dad let us by a bonanza minibike frame and forks we designed and built or own design(mostly dad but he always explained shit to us and made always the drawings and plans)a simple telescopic spring fork using the bonanza rigdid fork as the basis
4hp briggs and sraten horizontal crank recoil start
again the math and the drawings
we built it with an eye in dads mind to keep speed down,it went by calculations 20mph at 3600rpm
a jackshaft enabled the greater than normal reduction we built it from scratch... i was already turning parts in out lathe
not exactly motogp but man that beauty would outclimb all the minibikes ..with 2 kids on board
maybe a minibike do not count but 3 years latetr i had my first motorcycle ..

·
Registered
23,302 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Just so you guys know, It isn't a Magna, it is a Sabre and therefore, isn't quite as hacked as you might think. To me the question is whether the engine has decent compression and the carbs are salvageable. I think I could make something fun out of it.

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Just so you guys know, It isn't a Magna, it is a Sabre and therefore, isn't quite as hacked as you might think. To me the question is whether the engine has decent compression and the carbs are salvageable. I think I could make something fun out of it.
I one found a shopping cart at the bottom of a lake and my brother and I thought we could make a go-kart out of it. In the end we had a fun wheeled sled for hills at our local park. On the other my brother had to get stitches in his right hand, and we both had to get a ton of tetanus shots. Keep in mind we both already had a real go-kart, and a couple of pedal cars that weren't at the bottom of a lake that we could have salvaged parts off of for the same purpose without the hospital trips. anything is possible, but just because something seems like it would be a good time, doesn't always mean the cost associated justifies that fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts