Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want a manual? I have a Clymer XR75 - XR100 manual, but I don't have a XR, so I have no need for it. If you want it, let me know.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hey Rob,
Are you going to Frontierland? I am in need of the manual. Need to replace the timing chain and tensioner in my XR100. I'll look for you.

Thanks,
Jeff Marcoux

Jeff

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
jeff, dont go by the book. when you do the chain, look behind the left engine cover. there is a little panel you remove. the chain will fit through that and come out. the book says to split the cases. the tensioner is about 80 bucks through honda. they wear pretty fast. and they adjust retarded. it like this system of weak springs and cams and bolts and screw. i mean it makes sense, it just seems dumb. i might hva epics of the last one we did. if i do, ill get em and post em.

the thumperpage guys are great for tech stuff. they've saved us alot of work.

jc

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thanks JoeC. Winter project after I'm done hammering on it. Had thought about a "big" bore kits too if there's enough cash afloat.

Jeff

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dont waste your money. go with the bbr kit. or the engines only stuff. if you want to take full advantage, get a pipe too. the bbr pipe is nice. mine sounds like a 250 and really made the throttle response way better. you cn get the bbr kit for 350 bucks. it comes with everything you need. it'll really surprise you how much it changes it. makes them go from a fun little bike to a pleasant handful.

jc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts