Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heading from one office to another…hit the on-ramp, found my clearing and revved into 3rd gear on my clean as hell fz6.
Just as Im starting to have fun and hear the engine scream, i take my eyes off the road and was distracted by a rear-windsheild sticker on someones SUV who I was next to….(i have a bad habit of reading them since some of them are rather clever)
next thing i know the road gently sweeps left and I'm already on the rumble strips about to go off the road into the weeded gully next to the highway.
Theres debris, gravel and paint on the narrow concrete shoulder…awful mix…the type that will lock up the tires if you even think of dabbing the brakes. So at this point I can't lean back towards the road, nor can i brake….so into the weeded drainage ditch/furrow i go.
AT 60mph!
Thankfully it was a long ditch that wasn't filled with water or other trash at the time, but just had 4-5 foot long thin tall/grass. It was bumpy as hell and took every ounce of me to keep it up and balanced. I had several thoughts of ditching it by jumping off but somehow all of those thoughts thankfully passed and I held on. After what seemed like an eternity…it all stopped.
I pulled back onto the freeway and kept going.

I don't want to dwell on it…but today is a beautiful day.
Enjoy your lives….let the little shit go…be kind….and keep riding.

phew.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yep, luck went your way on this one. Had a friend do almost the same thing but hit a culvert and he still isn't right and that was years ago. Glad you pulled it off. Better have been one @#$% funny bumper sticker. Stay safe and save reading for the bathroom.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Awesome ride Vince, Never give up the ship ;)

um, that 4 to 5 foot tall grass wasn't poison parsnip was it ? we've got a lot of that happening up here.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Come on man. Atleast lie and say it was five college girls flashing you their boobs.

Glad you are okay!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont know if it was right or wrong, but as soon as i pulled back onto the road, i tried to block it out and actively started to think about other things to distract myself.
It was one of those "pink" stickers...the ones that scream "look at me im a female driver with blah blah blah interest"....never even saw her face.
probably for the best.

The FZ6 is for sale though....bad juju perhaps.
for any of you considering one - theyre magnificent bikes with great motors! no hard feelings. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts