Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Isn't that an app you can download onto your iPhone. I think it might even be free. Then you just need to dash mount your iPhone in a waterproof case and (y) you can even let your wife track you and tell you to slow down. No wait, that idea sucks. Carry on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't that an app you can download onto your iPhone. I think it might even be free. Then you just need to dash mount your iPhone in a waterproof case and (y) you can even let your wife track you and tell you to slow down. No wait, that idea sucks. Carry on.
thanks but i
would prefer a traditional one, but all the ones I find have no housing

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
I found some nice ones that even have an odometer built into them, but they all top out at 200kph
unless for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Koso do a range of very nice speedos.
They are also all compatible with the additional plug and play gps unit.

Not cheap but a simple and easy solution.

·
Registered
most everything i ride leaks oil
95 Posts
i bought a speedhut gps tach/speedo unit in america. you can customize them for what you want. this is the one i had made for me. i just wanted a tach, but couldn't get the gps without the speedometer part.

i wanted to use it to substitute for a dyno program. measures peak speed, elapsed time, quarter mile, and various things i didn't care about. couldn't get it to reliably hang onto the satellie signal because it didn't like the vibration of what i had it on. has a screw-on mounting ring in the back.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Stack if your have the e e
i bought a speedhut gps tach/speedo unit in america. you can customize them for what you want. this is the one i had made for me. i just wanted a tach, but couldn't get the gps without the speedometer part.

i wanted to use it to substitute for a dyno program. measures peak speed, elapsed time, quarter mile, and various things i didn't care about. couldn't get it to reliably hang onto the satellie signal because it didn't like the vibration of what i had it on. has a screw-on mounting ring in the back.

Thanks for the review... that's good information.
I've used stack tachs before. Very well built. No issues other than being crazy expensive.
I have their tach/speedo unit (they call it a dash but it's just a tach with an integrated digital readout like speedhuts) that has a separately mounted gos receiver. I have yet to install it...
I wonder if the speedhut could be modified to accept a separate stand alone receiver. that should/would improve thiings greatly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
it might. the only location information mine displays is elevation. their whole operation caters to custom designs-- they have a vast selection of sizes, gauge combinations, face plates, and what not that they've designed to work together. so all they have to do is assemble your unit from their parts bins.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was looking at them yesterday, very nice . Do they come with housing and brackets or are they all Dash style .

·
Registered
95 Posts
sealed housing with a threaded ring on the back so they can be mounted to a panel, a fairing hole, or a bracket. they say they are not water proof, and i have had condensation inside the lens. mounted inside a fairing they would be protected well enough, i think

·
Premium Member
71 CL 350, 72 CB350, 80 CB125, 80 XS650, 07K1200LT
1 Posts
As Speedrattle says, some of the Speedhut instruments aren’t meant to leave out in the weather! I went for a large tach with small GPS speedometer. Some days it takes a couple of minutes for the speedo to find satellites but the readout is good after it connects. They offer many options for size and style. I built a panel from 1/4 aluminum plate for my Honda 350 twin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts