Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the deal with a Suzuki GR650? One for sale here in town. Never even heard of one. A mono shock, 400 pound, 650 cc twin DOHC, 50hp bike. Whats the big difference between the GS650, GR650 and XS650?

Price seems a bit much for me.
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/mcy/2693891190.html

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
but its super rare.....only one year.....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
GS650 = four cylinder Suzuki
GR650 = twin cylinder Suzuki
XS650 = twin cylinder Yamaha

The GR650 totally fizzled in the marketplace, despite being a pretty decent bike. A contributing factor was its unfortunate name, "Tempter," which is about the most embarrassing name a motorcycle could have. They had a complicated variable-mass flywheel arrangement that was designed to provide quicker acceleration without feeling feeble off idle. In reality, it did next to nothing. Supposedly not very smooth. The basic motor was pretty solid, but parts are hard to find, electrics are trouble-prone and charging system is very weak even when in good repair.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Is this another bike to flip?
why do you think a grand is to much?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have a new genuine Suzuki service manual for one if your interested?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too much for another bike I dont need and while in the process of buying a house. Not too much for the bike in general runing and titled and would be cool to have I just dont see my wife getting on board at that price

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I know a guy locally that stripped one down and gave it a cafe treatment. a neat bike. he put spoked wheels on it, raised the rear end, gs450 tank, custom supertrapp exhaust and a fiberglass tail. He rides it all over. seems like a solid bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Cool?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts