Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankenheimers benchmark for racing cinematography, 1966's "GRAND PRIX" tonight at 7PM PST Turner Classic Movies - NO COMMERCIALS.

BE There! Watch Pete Aron get squirelly at Monaco.! The Monza sequence!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
"gp" on my list of must have movies (dvd?) it is a fantastic flick...but "turner classic movies" not on my tv list :-(
-parks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've always contemplated on buying it but just never did. I watched it for a little bit last night and now really want to see the rest of it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had to make a petition for MGM to put it on DVD. It's only been on DVD for about 4 years now. I have it and I have the soundtrack that I have sampled the opening music for AHRMA race day wake up call over the PA.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
tre,

thanks for the heads up. i'm all over that tonight. like the idea of opening music on a race weekend. wera's normal morning guy sucks. uscra has sandy macpherson (sp?) sometimes!

ahrma needs sandy (u.s. marshall) to wake you up over the pa...."good morning racers, tech and registration is open, it's time to get up and have some yummy pancakes at the cafe, it's gonna be hot today so promise me that you'll drink lots of water, etc, etc, etc...."

i always feel like i'm a kid again and late for school. guess you gotta be there.

tex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts