Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Branson - I've been running the U4 all season. My motor has very little done to it. So I would say, yeah it seems to be running eith a little extra.

Monkey - I had a dismount with a complete frontal rotation... and finished the race for 5th. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Today I feel like someone kicked the shit out of me though.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
matty et. all-

thanks. the day did suck ass for me...the bike wouldn't make practice, then i only had one cylinder in FCB (feeling like phinney in Summit Point this spring....just watching the race from my bike) so i missed my next, back-to-back, race...cause why bother with half an engine. then once i got the bike to run and worked my ass off to get around MikeO and Baker in LWSV i tossed it in T2 and forced Baker to choose between running over me or my bike as he came out of the turn to find a new chicane in the exit. i'm kinda glad he chose my bike but it sucked for him. right, then my truck wouldn't start for a while, but since i had all my tools with me, it was cool. (matt, turned out it was just the coil lead and i had some spare wires for the bike...just had to switch the connections from the shit lead and was on my way)

so yeah, alex couldn't make it but i fully exceded the Wanker Racing Group expectations with two shit vehicles and no more than 5 good laps for the day. it's a damn good thing all you assholes are so fun to hang out with or i'd be really pissed.

damn-
tt

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey champ, thanks for letting me run with you for a while.that was the best race ive been in, and thanks again frank for the ride.that bike was a blast to ride.joe ruth

·
Registered
242 Posts
quote:
Should have seen louie's second race. Three wheelie's, unbelievable. And Hayden got it on film. Hey Larry, send me the vid and I'll post it here.
If I can figure out how to send the clip, I will. I had the most fun yesterday despite my two crashes. Today I feel pretty beat up. Hitting the air fence is a surreal experience.
Larry

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
awesome news tim. i felt so bummed thinkin you were stranded when i was home at 8:30.

oh yeah i almost forgot to mention.... i beat larry... ha ha. rematch at frontier dude!! so i can show ya how it is done again. ha ha

how is bill burke??? any news??? he had a bad crash as well.

dude

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
hey!!! A welcome to hornetboy!!! Frank always brings 4 or 5 bikes to the races . . . you can beat Champ next year! ! ! !

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
everything all you guys said.
johnny champ did some excellent business out there..as seen from the bowl. my rear hub had an issue (broke?) late in the ltwtsv race and i had to forego the 350/ultra ltwt race and was forced to watch it (with great pleasure) there. fred showed he can run with some fast company safely (&quickly too). after a bad start in the 250gp race, i was happy to be runner up to the philturco man. he really rips. with a johnny holeshot start i would have at least seen mr. phil for a little while. he, well, just left the station in a big hurry. got some really fun running with eric pritchard, henry syphers and others trying to catch (yeah right) him though. mikey o ...you looked great in turn 3 (form. cb? race) lap after lap. burke are you o.k.? mikey o...let us know how he's doing
parks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hey All.

Thanks alot for all your kind words, I appreciate it!!!

Joe Ruth,thank you for the race we had, its by far one of the best races I have had in years. It reminds me of some the epic battles I had with Parks61.

Champ

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Matt...I'd like to think I could have held off Champ, Joe and Aaron for another six laps...but I don't think that would have happened. I wasn't riding very well most of the day...just not on my game. Felt like I was having to push it to stay in front of those guys and that's the way it ended up. Missed a downshift into the chicane and left myself no way out but the grass...if I had done things right I would have been able to make the chicane and pop it back into gear at the exit. I was feeling the pressure....and it showed.

Aaron, I'll remind you later...but maybe you could bring me a couple of gallons of U4 to Frontier...I'd like to give it a try. I also really be interested in seeing a back to back dyno run with U4 vs C12. Your bike sounded good...I've got an ear for an engine that sounds "right" and that's the way it sounded. If I were you I'd take note of exactly how it's set up right now and use that as your permanent baseline. My engine was running strong...but at very high rpms it just seemed to lose some of it's crispness...just what I would expect from a too slow burning 108 octane fuel.
JohnnyB

Edited by - jbranson on Sep 05 2006 10:27:36 PM

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
JB,

I bailed and left before the awards ceremony. Bike was running like crap. Got about 4 laps in the lightweight race and one warmup lap in the heavyweight race. And everyone was making fun of my seat. And you still owe me a sandwich.

If Marty goes to the Barber race have him bring the can. Otherwise go ahead and make it into a garbage can. I wouldn't use a torch to cut it open if I were you.

Craig

·
Registered
242 Posts
Great time at the Granite State Championships. I really enjoyed it. Great weather for a change. Sunday really scared me. Too bad Tim about turn 2. After you fell I found that the little spot of oil or fuel or whatever it was you left there was right where I wanted to go. So I started using it for a target. Worked well... thanks.

Burke is alive anyway. Actually I don't think he has any serious injuries. He badly twisted his left leg and bruised himself pretty good. He may have torn a muscle in his upper thigh or hip. Zack and I deposited him on his couch with a phone, a radio and a supply of pain killers and water. I called him yesterday and he hadn't moved but sounded like he is getting all he needs. If I hear any more you all will hear about it here.

Only about 97 today in Phoenix. Starting to get good riding weather.

Later

Mike O.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Craig,
Marty has to come over and get his MT tank, I'll give him the can then if he's going to Barber...or to you at Frontier. You're going to steal my wastebasket idea aren't you. They are good for waste oil too.

Whats up with your bike anyway? Mine was running very poorly a couple of days prior to the race...found a spark plug wire coming off the coil. Check yours, those PVL wires don't like to stay in the coil. I've wrapped safety wire around the boots to keep them on.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
craig.... i wasn't trying to make ya feel bad about the seat.. sorry dude.

your ride is pretty damn cool.

dudeness

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
BFD,
Did you donate the cookies to the 200gp winner?
If so...I'm eatin those Mofo's right now.

Couldn't figure out what you were talking about on the pre-grid..thought it was some kind of pyshc job you were trying to do on me :) I was trapped between Aaron and his U4 fumes and You talking about M&M...I was sure it was a sneaky plan of some sort.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
JohnnyB
It was me indeed although the idea was Joe Ruths originally. I bought a lot of cookies because a bunch of kids in his neighborhood were coming up to watch the race but then bailed at the last minute. Something about lack of adult supervision and potential abduction. We had a cookie surplus.
Following Turks lead in donating trophies to a specific class he probably likes a lot, seemed like a good idea to me. Might be fun to keep it going next season.
BFD

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I think Ruth should run Franks bike and there should be cookies all the time. He should be a 200gp guy... one of us, one of us...

Aaron

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Hey JB, i just wanted to note that you were placed in a situation in that last race that I was in at the last event.
Near the end of the race, you were in last place. Just after you passed start finish, the white flag came out for the rider just behind you, who was about to lap you (he was in another class). You never saw the white flag, so you were lapped by a faster rider in the other class, and then the checkered came out for him, and you saw the checkered, and then took a cool down lap. So you should have been scored a DNF . . . But if you had taken another lap, they would have red-flagged you for holding up the next race . . . .

I guess this happens more often than one would think with combined classes . . . .

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Tannermatic,

I knew you were just busting me. I didn't feel bad about it. No worrys. And that was just my sleezy attempt at getting you to make me a seat. And maybe a tank. Probably take 10 lbs off my bike. Course may not hold up as well when I hit the tire walls.

Craig

21 - 40 of 62 Posts