Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome, I do like the idea of a electric supercharger but this strikes me as a gimmick 270watts just isn't enough. can you use aux batteries and or capacitors that can charge from the bikes electrics then via a relay isolate and switch to provide she term high voltage for real boost on 3/4-wot before it burns out the electric motor.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey, are you sure there is too little power in the supercharger to give a boost? I'm not sure but it will be up to proof when the motorcycle becomes dynotested .. regarding the electricity, there will be two separate electrical systems but which work together through different solutions briefly described .. :)
I'm happy to be proven wrong. A friend of mine put a Toyota supercharger made for a 2lt four on his 4lt diesel land cruiser and he asked me to work out the drive ratio which worked out he should overdrive it 50%, when I went over to help install it he had become impatient and put it on with the pulleys he had and despite only creating 2psi boost he was happy and said it was much improved.
So test it and lets see.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So how many pounds of pressure is your waste gate set at?
... if it doesn't have one, then don't expect much of a boost and be prepared for some significant performance lag.
Back in the bad old days, my solution to turbo lag was a couple of ping pong ball valves similar to old skin diving snorkels.
These allowed air in when the turbo wasn't up to speed and used turbo pressure to close it providing boost.
This makes the engine n/a off the mark (no lag) and produced more exhaust to get on boost quicker. Later I used reed valves.
In this case n/a till the electric turbo is turned on via a full throttle micro switch, then is just depends if it produces any boost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts