Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Cool little piece of kit if it does work. I'll be interested to see how the Mukuni CV carbs handle it. Just trying to run pods on mine caused them to cack, I can't imagine how they would be able to draw open at all when boosted.
If it runs, I bet the carbs draw in air so fast at high speed the engine will be spinning his little fan motor pretty darn good.
Maybe he can see some positive gains at the battery if it's a DC motor/generator

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
That sure don't look or sound like no 30,000 RPM
Have you ever used a router? They are lucky to run at 24,000 RPM and they scream at that speed. Check what your actual no load RPM's are now from 12 volts,
then figure on a whole bunch of inefficiency called slippage in your blowers ability to actually produce some air pressure.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
What happens when you put your hand over the output, does it make a farting sound and push your hand away like the output on a central vacuum cleaner, or just make the little fan motor spin slower like a hand held hair dryer?

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
The modern day solution to turbo lag is to put in two small turbochargers like my pickup truck has. Extra valves don't produce pressure, valves can only hold pressure back.

A tiny fan introduced into the intake path is not going to provide boost, if the blower can't move his hand when he holds his hand against the output, it's certainly not going to force air and fuel into the engine with significant pressure. Might better aim it to the rear of the motorcycle and hope the air currents push you forward like a jet.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
So did you hold your hand over the output and see if it actually produces pressure yet or can you hold the air pump back? That's a pretty simple pressure test.

... you should read up on how much power superchargers take to run them. Those technologies were developed during wars. None of them ever put little electric fans into the intake path to boost performance successfully. I'm sure it was explored.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts