Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
One of my faves too, although it was actually 1980. Nearly as good as Teenage Kicks.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was it 1980? i remember buying it and thought it was 79, teenage kicks is good but overplayed, got sick to hell of playing it when i was in bands.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
the undertones really didn't do much in the US. Not like the Jam or Tom Robinson band.

one of my fav's but admittedly a little later:

Also, what's life without a little UK subs.....

and just because I feel like pooping in your cereal this morning:

·
Registered
585 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

the undertones really didn't do much in the US. Not like the Jam or Tom Robinson band.

one of my fav's but admittedly a little later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si2kis6lWRg&feature=related
I bought the Rattus Norvegicus album after watching them live (and getting covered in goz) in Grimsby in 1977 when they were still playing smaller venues. I was 15 at the time and it was the first punk album I ever bought, it was also the year I ditched my flares!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
One of the great 1980s anthems from a war torn NYC. Song is from about 1980:

Not old but just cuz it fits:

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well Geeto it seems you do have good taste in some things after all
:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
And I just uncovered this on VHS in a box in my basement. At the time, I thought (hoped?) this is what all of London looked like:

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
What can I say - rock and roll saved my soul!!!!!!

Tell me tony, do people still listen to the dead boys, the damned, sham69, and the bleach boys anymore, or is all that stuff as obscure over there as it is here?

A little edgier than what's above:

Here is something you geezers probably haven't heard yet, but it's from 2005 for us, still a great sound:

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i listen to most 70's brit punk, even the obscure stuff, but then again i listen to the beatles and neil young, anything i like il listen to, my taste is so varied.

·
Registered
585 Posts
This is a good un of Motorhead covering the Pistols God save the Queen.

Rather apt I thought considering we've got 25% youth unemployment and not much future. They try to hide this sort of thing with the diamond jubilee bullshit showing pictures of crowds of middle class people flocking to London to kiss ass to the royal family. Okay it's not exactly north korea but they don't show the true picture of deprivation across the country. Most working class families know on the bread line couldn't even afford the train ticket to London.

·
Registered
585 Posts
BTW Did anyone <s>suffer </s> watch the 'pop concert' they gave her. I was told that the light show was powered by John Lennon turning in his grave.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I just have to put this out there for one line: "All women had motors in their pussies"

and this:

oh yeah....none of this is safe for work at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts