Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys ever been to the Isle of Man TT's? Of of the guys at work just returned from 3 weeks at the TT and touring England. DON'T YOU JUST HATE THAT? It's times like this when kids and that kind of stuff are overrated...

Where the hell are all my 10mm wrenches?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
When I was living in Ireland I went a number of times. And YES its everything you imagined and more. I wanted to be there this year for the 100th anniversary but finances didn't permit. If you get a chance GO! You will never regret it and sure as ***** brown you'll go again. At the best of times kids suck. Bikes are a better investment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
quote:
When I was living in Ireland I went a number of times. And YES its everything you imagined and more. I wanted to be there this year for the 100th anniversary but finances didn't permit. If you get a chance GO! You will never regret it and sure as ***** brown you'll go again. At the best of times kids suck. Bikes are a better investment.
If there any truth to the rumour that this was the last year of the TT?

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
roper told me that i should go soon. he seemed to think that there was the possibility of the tt and the manx ending sometime soon (but didn't know when). for the record (and so this doesn't spin into an interneturban legend), he didn't say that this was gonna be the last one.

with average laps of 130mph, i don't see how it is gonna get safer.

texy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I was reviewing this years IOM on their website, and it said that someone died in the Senior class, I think he was a pipefitter from England, just a regular Joe livin' the dream... It did say they were already planning the 2008, though.
The guy at work who went (didn't race, just marshalled) said he was going to have the opportunity to ride the course with a helmet cam. I gotta look him up to see if he did.

Where the hell are all my 10mm wrenches?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:
broke

married

kid on the way
If you think you're broke now, wait 'til that kid actually shows up.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
grass is always greener on the other side try watkins glen or loudon yeah i know its not the isle of man ..but we arent "rich "either.watkins glen is scenic and fun and obtainable.AND BEAUTIFUL in its own right and dripping with history in road racing in the usa.hell even the Mac Donalds is festive.
Isle of man is biker cafer holly grail ...I understand ,but what can we do!if I had micro soft money Id marry the place.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts