Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, just giving a warm greeting from Sydney in Australia, found the forum off the net and decided to add myself.

Always been a big fan of Cafe Racers, although never had a bike suitable enough to modify, however ive gotten the best opportunity now.

i have crashed, broken accidentally, or broken somehow all my previous bikes at the moment
87 kawasaki GPX250R
93 Honda CBR250RR
82 Yamaha XZ550 (damn wiring was insane)

so now ive bought a new bike to commute on, and to keep until i trade up to a new bike, however i think i will keep this one as a cheap commuter for years to come.

its a 1982 Suzuki GSX250E, i know, nothing special, but its a good enough base to LOOK like a cafe racer, especially when insurance here means its really impossible for me to get a CB750 at the moment (budget wise too!). so bear with me :p...

bought it for 900 dollars, apart from the tyres and brake pads its roadworthy and ready for registration.

ill give an update in a project thread in the near future :)

hoo roo, and talk to you all later, by the way, are there any other aussie members here?

No matter how old they get, guys don't understand when to take their bikes to the shop, even after 3 stripped oil plugs and a completely missing set of engine mounts.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
welcome bro ....put some shrimp on tha barbee ! welcome to this wacky and insane site.Latest rage is dump your cb750 for a tomo moped with a kit on it.
Ill stay with a motorcycle and keep the moped for the motor home or house boat.(which I have neither)
But different cc's for everyone.
What ever torques your wheels your sure to find here. WELCOME!!!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Edited by - LILBULL on Jul 27 2007 5:49:36 PM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts