Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some vintage-ish looking grips for my bike. I'm open to any suggestions. If anyone has a link or source for grips, especially vintage ones, throw it at me.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I found several really cool designs in a few industrial catalogs

I am especially fond of the ones fitted on my red flatty... a buck each... ya need one 7/8 and one 1 incher for small bar bikes

I am pretty
sure there are several pix of it on this forum

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I found several really cool designs in a few industrial catalogs

I am especially fond of the ones fitted on my red flatty... a buck each... ya need one 7/8 and one 1 incher for small bar bikes

I am pretty
sure there are several pix of it on this forum

·
Registered
306 Posts
i've seen the white gran tourismo grips on ebay for about 10 bucks....those age to a nice brown/yellow pretty quick with regular riding...

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
the repop gran tourismo's sawk

I have a few sets that are more than 40 years old and there is a huge difference

I used to hate thinking about how many various grips I've thrown away

and then I go fondle my flatty's bars

I swear they take me back to my earliest recollections of that red birth curtain and then what I'd later find out were heavenly faucets on heaving mounds of milk jugs

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
quote:Originally posted by HackAsaw

the repop gran tourismo's sawk

and then I go fondle my flatty's bars

I swear they take me back to my earliest recollections of that red birth curtain and then what I'd later find out were heavenly faucets on heaving mounds of milk jugs
sometimes, i have no effing idea what the hell you are talking about.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
me too neither and I have no idea why some handle bar grips were dubbed 'tit grips'

I thought, why not just call them nipples?

You don't remember anything about being born?

I probably had a really pleasant demeanor right up to the point they started clipping on me even while I made it clear I just wanted to be left alone for a while.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
oh.... the repops start out feeling like crap and they dont get any better as they get broken in

the real ones have a pleasantly firm cushiness to them and last about two forevers

I've pretty much only used them on 40+ inch 360 degree two cylinder jack hammers that will rattle the guts out of your fingers and hands if you do not have good grips

maybe the repops would be fine on a smaller or smoother engined bike.... ten bucks? cheap enough to try them and slice off with a razor if you end up hating them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts