Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the battery ground go anywhere on the frame? My CB750K5 has the battery ground go to the rear engine mount screw. Is there any magic to this? I want to move it. If I put it somewhere else, do I need to grind off any paint to make it work?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
yes,yes and yes.make sure the ground is close to the frame.the reason they put it on the frame is to prevent electrolisis.since aluminum will break down faster than steel.but since you dont have a cooling system you should be ok.make sure the connection is tight and clean.metal on metal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mut

Can the battery ground go anywhere on the frame? My CB750K5 has the battery ground go to the rear engine mount screw. Is there any magic to this? I want to move it. If I put it somewhere else, do I need to grind off any paint to make it work?

Thanks
Also, if you arent already, if you are using a wire with seperate connectors to connect it to the battery and grounging point on the frame, be sure to use a large a gauge of wire as possible, and solder these connectors to the wire itself. Go bigger than factory if you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts