Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if you've seen this already, my friend linked me to it a month or so ago. Just watched it again, can't get enough. Gotta watch it with the sound on.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
2nd on the crazy crowd. how the drivers can go 10 10ths with yahoos mere inches from their full throttle corner exit lines is WAY beyond my understanding....not to mention eying a turn for the first and last time and getting it right with only a "navigator" yelling at them a few notes out of a cue sheet.
-parks
ps...that said, like all of us, they do screw up now and again...

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
+3 on the spectators. Those cars are soooo cool though. Didn't expect to see a Ferrari in there. Also there was one short vid of an Audi that looked like it might have been on Pikes Peak.
There should be a dedicated thread to post bitchin race video...

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:Originally posted by leo

quote:There should be a dedicated thread to post bitchin race video...
The greatest race for 2nd place ever!

Epic stuff.

Cheers
Damn. I remember watching that (live, I think) on network TV. Mark and I had to convince my dad that F1 was going to be better than golf. We were so jacked up after that race! Don't remember if my dad was impressed though.
I read about another Villenueve race, it might have been South Africa,
where he definitely didn't have the fastest car, but managed to get in front of about 5 other cars. Nobody could pass him, he was just flogging that Ferrari around sideways. I think that was when the other drivers realized how good he really was.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I can think of more than just a few lawyers that would love the action caused by a few fans run over when any racer wadded on top of them. You'll never see that here because no one would have the balls to insure the race. Next time you pull out your ladder, just checkout all the warnings pasted all over it.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Rally is all over, it just doesn't get the love here....we're all about buttweiser and nascar donchaknow!

I've worked a few events just for the fun of it and it IS intoxicating. I love road racing, it's probably my favorite 'type' of racing but there's something visceral about flinging 3500 pounds of car thru the air and 110mph along a gravel fire road, not really knowing what;s coming up next beyond the notes noted above.

We have a good rallycross scene too, I'm considering building a car of that as they race less than a mile from the shop right at the fair grounds.

http://www.oregonrally.com/
http://www.oregontrailrally.com/

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
only when the tires touch the ground

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
helped out with the black river stages last year and hope to be at more events next year
north east has some fun racing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts