Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Such serious topics. How about some fun now that our RR season is over. Has anyone ever thought about all geting together for some drag racing at NEDW in Epping NH on our vintage bikes? Just for fun. The track is open wed. and most fri. nights for "street" racing. If you read the rules under motorcycles, it does say they must be street legal, but if we contacted the track in advance and explained the strict rules we have to follow (safety wiring etc.), I have to believe they could make an exception (how many dragsters are street legal?).

We could pick a date. The track is open almost to November. I would be willing to contact the track and see if they could work something out for us.

Reserve a big space in the pits, line up the bikes, FCBs going head to head, 50s trying to break 20 seconds, great promotion of our sport, hanging out after and comparing time slips, Sounds like fun, I think.

So, what do you think?

Worth trying to make it happen? I will make the contact if there is enough interest. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
if the timing was right, hell yes. would they set up index times or would it all be heads up? could be good.
bcr

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Its all heads up. You get a printout at the end of the strip after each run that shows your times vs the other lane. Fun to do every now and then. And some people bring out some pretty quick "street" equipment. I've seen snowmobiles up there.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sounds like a great way to use up the race gas in the tank. I'd run my 'tracker.

FR

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
When I lived in Atlanta, we did that a few times when we didn't have a RR coming up. It was a blast. A great way to practice starts, too. This was bracket racing at a hick 1/8th mile track and the perennial winner was a guy on a stock CB550 with a luggage rack and crappy tires. He had that thing just dialed in and could hit his time every run. Lots of fun and no pressure. We had to have a light on the bike so we got a bunch of $1 flashlights at Walmart and duct taped them to the front of the bikes.

Ken

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
keith,

i think that is the kind of POSITIVE promotion that this club needs. how much cooler would it be if you guys had a banner to display and maybe some t-shirts to sell. wish i lived closer....i'd be there!

POSITIVE AND EFFECTIVE PROMOTION IS OUR NEW MANTRA!

texy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd love to come spectate. I got nothing vintage, yet ;)

·
Registered
598 Posts
"This Club" ?? This board is nondenominational isn't it?
I'll race anything that runs.. and as you know.. shit that don't.
all I have running right now is my XR 100 with the BBR 120 kit on it and my 08 KLR 650. I'll put them both in the F250 diesel and run all three just for shits and burnt fuel.
I'm in.. my brother owns a gravel pit right down the road just North of the Lee traffic circle.so I'm familyiliar.

J'nt'D

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Hey, I know that gravel pit! I've wanted to ride around in there when I lived in Dover.

Bring anything. Head out for pizza afterwards.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Unga there are parts of the pit he probably wouldn't mind you riding it if I were intro you guys... If your still in the area.. He actually lives in Dover right across from that big ass red farm stand place (oldest farm...something) You still up there?

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Nope... live down in Raymond. We have some almost-kindof-legal places to ride. Not a big deal. Don't sweat it. I'm more of a dual-sporter now, instead of a big-air in an illegal gravel-pit rider.

Actually, big-air scares the crap outta me.

Anyways, call a date at the dragway, I'll show.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ghetto_racer

"This Club" ?? This board is nondenominational isn't it?
I'll race anything that runs.. and as you know.. shit that don't...
Hey man, I'm still trying to get people to race big wheels during the evenings at one of the races...of course off track and off premisis so as not to get our asses tossed. At least I know my big wheel will run properly....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts