Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have no difficulty adjusting the Fuel screw on the bottom of the carb bowls. As for the adjustment on the slides for all four it is done using a drill bit where they are all uniform (statically) this way when I rotate my throttle all four carb slides rise in unison.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I have no difficulty adjusting the Fuel screw on the bottom of the carb bowls. As for the adjustment on the slides for all four it is done using a drill bit where they are all uniform (statically) this way when I rotate my throttle all four carb slides rise in unison.
For that, I use vacuum sync gauges and adjust them with the bike running. The static sync is done with the drill bit and done off the bike, but doing the final sync of the slides is easily done on the bike. The only special apparatus needed is a remote fuel tank. I have one made from a coffee can the I’ve put a bung in a hole drilled in the bottom and I hang it from a light stand. That way the adjusters for the slides can be accessed from the top.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OK everyone, I finally got all carburetors put together and installed and did a static balance for the slides. The bike started and will idle. Now I am trying to balance them since the vacuum is too high on #1 carb. As I adjust the slide down (lowering the slide )by the adjusting screw the bike engine rpm raises. WTF. When you screw in the adjuster screw the slide closes which should lower the rpm not raise the rpm. Anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
OK everyone, I finally got all carburetors put together and installed and did a static balance for the slides. The bike started and will idle. Now I am trying to balance them since the vacuum is too high on #1 carb. As I adjust the slide down (lowering the slide )by the adjusting screw the bike engine rpm raises. WTF. When you screw in the adjuster screw the slide closes which should lower the rpm not raise the rpm. Anyone know what is going on?
i think when the slide lowers the speed of the air increases. same amount of air has to fit thru a smaller opening. raise the slide+slower air speed. i could be wrong, whatever

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Get the carb vacuums balanced and THEN adjust the idle. As you get the carbs balanced the idle will increase slightly because on cylinder isn’t dragging down the others.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts