Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
hiya wally. i was wondering when you were gonna appear on the cafe board.

tex mawby, #61 wera, #61x uscra (thanks parks)

p.s.- i don't have a gs500 for you either.

"bitches!"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tex.....I've been hanging around all year. I hope to race my CB350K4 next year in one of the vintage race groups "ie" ARHMA, VRRA or WERA. I also plan on finding a GS500 for track days with NESBA. I'm retired and have 7 days a week to devote to bikes year round.
Wally

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
to answer the other guys question, tim is in vermont.

i don't know if the bike (gs500) still is though.

we (the usual cb350 wera guys) look forward to seeing you at a summit round, or two, or three next year.

i'm a psu grad. used to live on north patterson street across from nittany beverage (west college).

now i live in philly.

peace,

tex

"bitches!"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tex:
I married a Penn State alumni who brought me to State College from San Francisco twenty years ago. We live in Shingletown near where she grew up. Her Dad was a professor at the University for 40 years until his retirement. I'll bet you spent a few hours prowling the hardware basement at Houts on West College, Ave.
Cheers,
Wally

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
wally,

we lived on the corner of west patterson and the alley that led to houts. they had a little grocery there where i used to pick up the best bagels and chocolate croissants every morning. they had that and a little of everything. i loved west college. back in the early nineties it was the best kept secret in town for poor college kids. met my future wife there, 12 years later we were married.

good times!

texy

"bitches!"

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I raced an EX500 for a few years. Man those things are reliable... I beat mine with a stick, still ran strong. And they respond nicely to some simple modifications.

But that one looks pretty well set up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hmmm, slicks on an EX huh? Optimistic.

I would certainly recommend an EX as opposed to a GS500. There are just more of them, which means more parts, et cetera. Also, I'm pretty sure the GS in VT is gone.

Z

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
When did the EX get dual front brakes? That and the slick would provide some serious whoa power. I sold an '89 that had a single disc and thought it had plenty of brakes as is.

FR

·
Registered
602 Posts
The way the bike is set up is in conformance with VRRA rules, not sure what you guys are allowed to run State side.
Wally, this is not my bike, it belongs to another member, but when I saw your post I thought you might be interested.
How's the healing process going, both you and the Duc?

Cheer, Graham.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Graham:
Do you have the EX500's owners name and E-mail address? I'd like to get in touch with him if possible.
My 916 is waiting for some body parts. Those body parts don't stand up to well when a lowside occurs. I was fortunate, no damage at all.
Cheers,
Wally
[email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grham:
Please excuse my stupidity, I've got the owner of the EX500's name and E-mail address. Man, old age is really killing my brain cells!
Wally

·
Registered
602 Posts
Don't sweat it Wally, I can identify where you're coming from.........now, what were we talking about? Oh yes, I agree with everything the last speaker was talking about!
I second the motion.............vote carried!

Cheers, Graham

1 - 16 of 16 Posts