Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 16v possibly in the next couple days and figured there are some folks here more familiar with them than myself. Any models specifically to avoid like the L model 8v? Were the frames and suspension the same essentially or are they completely different chassis and motor? The guy says it's an 87 but I'm pretty sure it's an 82. It also has a single disc from what I can tell and non-leading axle forks. I don't need this bike, but my kz440 was stolen a couple weeks ago which took away my one running standard bike. Been eyeballing the GS series for a while and it seems to be a good choice for some small upgrades and stylistically not really much to mess with. Title isn't an issue here as it's antique and requires little more than a bill of sale to plate.

80s Suzuki 750cc

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Yes. Get a 1000. It doesn't weigh anymore.

Also, someone actually stole a kz440?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think the link is a 82 16 valve 750T. kinda a sport/tourer. seems to be more 16 valve models for sale. they seem to be cheaper even thou they are newer. i dont think there " in" w/ the "cafe racer crowd" and dont see the sawsall(not yet?). im looking too for a low mileage model ( a E). of the 16 valve models the 750 1000/1100 katana models seem the most disirable . t
I think you are dead on. Gotta be a T model with the rear drum and the single disc. Looks like I'm going to pass on this one.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
i think the link is a 82 16 valve 750T. kinda a sport/tourer. seems to be more 16 valve models for sale. they seem to be cheaper even thou they are newer. i dont think there " in" w/ the "cafe racer crowd" and dont see the sawsall(not yet?). im looking too for a low mileage model ( a E). of the 16 valve models the 750 1000/1100 katana models seem the most disirable . t
I think the price difference has more to do with reliability more than anything. The 16v used plain bearings rather than rollers on the crank. Also, the head was less bulletproof, albeit better performing. Not to mention the atrocious electronics Suzuki used in the mid 80's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts