Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CBF250
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this bike dirt cheap, needs a bit of work to get her legal again but mechanically seems fine so far.

Need some input on what products / styles you think would work well on this bike. The things needed are:
  • Headlight
  • Headlight shroud
  • Dash cluster
  • Indicators
  • Grips
  • Bar ends
  • Mirrors
  • Seat (I'll be making a custom seat frame)
  • Rear lights

Here is my quick photoshop of how I would like it to look:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

This is how the bike looks at the moment:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Got this bike dirt cheap, needs a bit of work to get her legal again but mechanically seems fine so far.

Need some input on what products / styles you think would work well on this bike. The things needed are:
  • Headlight
  • Headlight shroud
  • Dash cluster
  • Indicators
  • Grips
  • Bar ends
  • Mirrors
  • Seat (I'll be making a custom seat frame)
  • Rear lights
This is how the bike looks at the moment:
View attachment 107069
curious on how it looked when you got it?

Reactions: Classic250

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Funny how we all like differnet things. I saw the first pic and thought it looked too much like a Buel front and middle with an out of place seat and then I saw the second pic and it looked much better to me. I agree that the seat that's on it doesn't look quite right but I'd turn that into a more modern interpretation of a naked bike. It would look modern with hints of older styling clues.

For some reason, sixties bump seats just don't suit the lines of a moder(ish) chassis to my eye. A small angular GP type seat has teh same idea as an old bum stop but with styling that better matches the frame design. Sharp not round FTW.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts