Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys ive seen a lo of talk of gsxr fork swap on the gs series but what years?!??!?! haha is there prefeable years that fit better than others because i would rather least modification but newest era of forks i can get/use ..... maybe a time span? 90-2005 for example? help

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Your bearing sizes are Upper: 25 x 47 x 15, Lower: 30 x 55 x 17.

Here's a chart with all the other bikes that share the same bearings:

http://www.ohiocaferacers.com/OCRStemSizes.pdf

Also, All Balls Racing has a conversion calculator to find bearings to adapt other front ends.

Personally, I wouldn't go USD front - it's played out and overkill. I'd look at an FZR600 front or Katana 600/750.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Most USD forks are too short to use on 'old' bikes. I would look for conventional style but 41mm dia
'Everyone' used 41mm forks so they are much cheaper to get hold of.
I used Katana 600/750 on few bikes (XS650 x 2, CB360)
I am going to fit USD on CB360 but mainly because they are blue anodised GSX-R 750 one year only and match the alloy rims I've fitted

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
All sorts of stuff not happening last few months :(
Been to NYC for a week, ( went to the NYC Vinmoto show in Brooklyn as I was already 'up there')
Sanibel Island in Florida (friends parents were away so we 'house sat' without internet and too tired/fed up to bother with computers.
I'll post some pics, got some sort of bad sunburn thing that made my face swell up real bad, eyes now giving problems?????
Now, I'm back,
HEEEEER's Johnny ;)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
All sorts of stuff not happening last few months :(
Been to NYC for a week, ( went to the NYC Vinmoto show in Brooklyn as I was already 'up there')
How did you like it? I heard it was smaller than it has been in years.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Haven't been there before so it was OK for an hour or two
There were some interesting bikes parked around the side streets on way back to the underground station but batteries failed in camera so I only got the stretched XS and a couple of Kawasaki's (H1,H2)
Stretched XS 1.JPG DSCN6357.JPG
Boston Vespa 2.JPG CB360 B-4.JPG
Anyone you know?
Girlz 1.JPG
BSA M20-M21.JPG Girlz 2.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts