Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a project - just a clean and flip....or maybe just a straight flip if I couldn't be bothered to lift a spanner....

It's had a pretty "tough love" life - but they're cheap learner bikes so they never got much love...

Only 28Km on the clock...

Home made chain guard....

Na na, na na, na na, na na.....WTF??

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add - it starts first hit and runs pretty quiet. I have yet to ride it (except into the garage from the front yard) but the guy who traded it rode it to the shop and everything seems to work.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Hmmm.........upside down forks, single rear shock, clip ons, modern brakes....everything everyone wants for a cafe........do I sense a cafe project?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm.........upside down forks, single rear shock, clip ons, modern brakes....everything everyone wants for a cafe........do I sense a cafe project?
No. This one is a re-sell. Neither me or my buddy have any interest in small cc road bikes.

It's just going to be a matter of how much tinkering I'll be doing to it before it moves on.

I've just discovered from Googling these things that the front MC is not stock - it's got a remote res but the stock one had a unit res. That explains why the res is mounted off the top clamp obscuring the instruments.....

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - I've been at home with the flu for the last 10 days or so. Nasty one.

Anyway, did a few things to the shitter....

New(ish) muffler

Recovered the seat

And after a wash I discovered that it has yellow overspray ALL OVER IT.

Seriously - the dude must have parked it in a spray booth whilst he was re-spraying a backhoe....

Also took it for a ride - bloody hell....supremely gutless things. But everything works (more or less) except the rear calliper is binding a bit, so it needs a clean / flush / some love.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Just do a layer of clear over the overspray and charge extra for the custom paint.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
a claybar may help pick up some of that overspray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts