Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still have it. Anyone? I'll trade it for a triumph preunit motor that needs rebuilding or towards a good one.

Edited by - nardi1 on Nov 28 2006 7:00:37 PM

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
These are pretty heavy, but are nice brakes. It would help if you posted where the parts are located and what you want for them.

If you live down the street from me, I'll give you $10 for it.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
brake weighs 26lbs.....

it's not that heavy......

right?

texy

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
so, eh, fess up, how much. and where are ya. yeah, we all want it. make it easy. come on...yoou know you want tex to have it!

jc

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i'm guessing sherborn, mass.....

but i'm like genius level.

texy

p.s. - i'd do $20

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
preunits are only worth about that much anyway...really.

jc

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread. But since we're on the subject of Suzuki 4LS brakes, does anyone have any spare actuator arms or know what other arms will work? A few years ago I found one of these 4LS brakes in a salvage yard for $20, but it was missing the arms on one side.
Thanks, Bret @ Glass from the Past
[email protected]

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I've robbed other Suzukis for mix and match purposes. I'd try the x-6 front brake. I think thats what I used.

I went to verify this against some Fiches and they give you every part number for the front wheel assembly except that one. I also tried to do same the for X-6, nothing. I think that means its the same.

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i got 20, a pile of skulls stickers (guaranteed not to stick to anything too long...doh!), a bigger pile of did racing chan stickers, maybe 150 of them, some fridge magnets with nice motorcycles on them, and 3 sets of bent forks to fit a cb350 racebike. the sliders are real nice though. really.

i bought my buff break from frank c for something like 300 i think. perch, cables, brake, and a spare lever. thats about all they really go for on ebay. as far as racing is concerned, the rim is junk. if its a 19, its definitely less worthwhile. sorry to smash your hopes and dreams. ive seen entire bikes go for 750 on ebay with that brake. but if you need some stickers....tex is kinda cute though.

jc

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
buff break = water buffalo brake (for all of you keeping score at home).

texy

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
jackie chan. The Best.

(OK, Chuck Norris fans, i just hijacked this thread. Jackie Chan vs The Duke [John Wayne]: who wins?)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts