Cafe Racer Forum banner

181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very entertaining thread. Even though the build is different from what I normally like I respect your talent and work! Love the sound of those engines. Reminds me of a snowmobile! Mean and nasty. Good work

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
I have not posted in a while since the start of the New Year. Too many celebrations and functions. I also spent time updating my website which was in desperate need of an overhaul. Now the new year has kicked in and work is demanding all of my time. But hey I still get some time to play with bike stuff. I have since the last posting driven the bike for about 20 or so miles. I was running it with Jemco chambers and pod filters, with, stock 45 pilots, 115 (up from 110) main jets and the needles second slot from the bottom. It was running quite well and felt crisp right through the rev range. I checked the plugs and they are a light coffee color, not good for a 2-stroke and definitely lean. I have now gone up 1 size on the Pilot jets to 47.5 and and 2 sizes on the mains to 120. I have also installed the larger round K&N filters that offer about 4 times the filtering surface area. I am not able to ride it now though to check the jetting since I have stripped the bodywork off for paint. The color scheme is a bit of a secret still, let's just say if you are familiar with Wes Cooley you may have an inkling of what I have in mind. When riding it I also noticed the exhausts moving around a bit too much so I made some new stronger and stiffer exhaust hangers out of quarter inch aluminum. Some pictures below of the new hangers and the carbs with the new larger filters.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Suzuki GT750 Neuvo Retro Mod build.

Latest update after a few weeks of silence. Paint is almost done. Here is a quick peak at what is to come. This coming weekend will be the final assembly and first ride after being completed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
I have no words...this bike has so much character it is ridiculous...it pulls like a train and sounds like a banshee on crack....

I could not be happier with how it turned out. I am sure it will not please everyone's eyes but I am smitten...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh Man, I read through this project today, this is a sick bike, so beautifull in every way.
They call these bikes here in Holland `Watercookers` and most of the times keep `em close to standard, but this is stunning, certainly the paintwork and details, it`s all perfect!

Hope you will drive it a lot, and keep your helmet on otherwise all are becoming jealous to see that wide smile on your face..

·
Registered
585 Posts
You've done an absolutely outstanding job there. That is the epitome of a modern cafe racer in my opinion.
I raise my glass to you sir.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I'm still not sold on the fairing /tail/tank combo, but you have done a great job on the bike and the fact that you're over the moon with it is enough justification for your efforts.

If anything, a different shaped tank might link the fairing and tail a bit better, but that's just nit-picking now.

Well done.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Thank you gents for all the feedback, good and bad. I know it will probably not be to everyone's liking but I do like how it turned out. All is not perfect however and I still have to iron out some tuning issues. It still looks to be running a little lean, and my selection for gear ratios needs a bit of tweaking, she runs out of steam at about 90mph so the gearing needs to be a little taller. There is also some pretty bad surging under closed or partially open throttle that I have to address. On the good side I did ride it about 50 miles yesterday without any issues and every time I got it into the power band my grin almost made my helmet pop off.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It looks great! I had my doubts about the Ducati 900SS front fairing but it looks great.

The front reminds me of this robot that would turn into a motorcycle in a cartoon from when I was growing up called "Mask."

mask06.jpg

tbob_bio1-279x209.jpg

But in a good way!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Here is some video so you can hear it run.

181 - 200 of 204 Posts