Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I'll have to watch. It'll be interesting, gonna take a pretty sporty geared-up CR500 to get that done. Wonder how much run up he'll need.

I ride some offroad, 60ft's a big leap for me. But jumping isn't even close to the hardest thing to do on a dirtbike. It's just a matter of nuttin' up and figuring out how hard to hit it.

04 KDX 200
01 GSXR 750
86 GSXR 750
86 FZ 600(in transit)
87 FZ 600 basket case
88 FZ 600
75 GT 550
72 GT 550
68 Chevelle- trade for front motor digger

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think hes doing it on a 450. i saw an interview with the guy who did it in the last vid i posted, it was pretty tricked out.

jc

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Went to the Metal Mulisha site to see what I could learn. Said he'd went 301 @Lake Elsinore 12/13. That was all it'd do. They were gonna re-gear. They've gotta be getting to the absolute limit of having enough power to go that far.

By my calculations(LOL), he'll have to leave the lip at 100 mph. So he'll have to be going 110ish at the base. Just as a point of comparison, my old YZ426 was supposed to go 79 w/stock gearing. In the 2 1/2 yrs I had that bike I never had it anywhere I could top it out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah, to which I say, without hesitation: seriously, no fucking way.

Glad someone's going to try it, but mostly I'm just glad I get to pay my bills without having to do life-threatening circus tricks.

A

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the story i found that mentions he went 345. looks like there is a small handful of these guys doing this. 345' is pretty fucking far. thats crazy. the sheer insanity of these guys to be regearing to go faster to get further is nuts. i cant imagine doing that and not being scared shitless. almost as scary as skijumping to me.

http://expn.go.com/expn/story?id=3141056

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Watching it. Looks like he's gonna use a Service Honda CR500AF. They take a CR500 motor and put it in a current aluminum-framed chassis.

The way the landing ramp's built he can come up way short and still ride away.

Wish they'd just get to it....

322' 7 1/2" Hell I'd do that if I was sure the little blonde Aussie chic would come home w/me

Edited by - Ratty-550 on Jan 01 2008 12:52:43 AM

Edited by - Ratty-550 on Jan 01 2008 12:53:18 AM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you se the guy backflip the truck? yeah, i knew is was going to be an hour and half of watchng nonsense. still pretty impressive. the camera angles kinda sucked though. 322' is still pretty far, even if its not actually a record, and wont make it past may. the crust guys are going to break all of ther records i have a feeling. i still couldnt do anything near.

jc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts