Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up over the weekend. I don't know about you but I think this little bike just oozes mambo jambo. 125cc of Italian goodness.

It runs fine. Had it on the road a bit. Anybody own one of these? Have any info? I'd like to do some work on it but the manuals are Italian and I can't read Italian. Been putting some words into translators and that works but a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live near the northern border of the middle coast. The closest giro is 2000+ miles away. :(

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
HOT!
I bet youll find some help here. I know a few people have had them at one point. nice scoop. i love the stornellos.

jc

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Being part psychoanalyst I can clearly tell from the tone of your post that you have some serious issues.

I am here to enlighten you and in order to help you get thru this journey and come closer to becoming fully self actualized.....

I will begrudgingly accept that bike.

And I really do want it too.

Awesome.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry hackasaw but I think I need to get through this issue myself. As much as I would like for you to have this bike I must decline.

I actually thought I would feel more like a giant (5'11" and 210 lbs) on this bike but its really not all that bad. Then again I don't have any pictures of me actually on the bike yet. Even if I dont feel like a giant I might look like one.

Anyway I don't plan to restore it. Just freshen it up a bit. New cables, wheel bearings, fork seals, tires, etc. Also lower the front fender back down to where it ought to be.

If anyone has any experience with the little guzzi single I'd appreciate your input.

Kevin

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
that is the perfect plan.

its too cool to "re-furbish" it.

jc

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
"they're all gonna laugh at you"

Carrie's mom/wench from the movie Carrie

ok suit yourself but I'm somewhat concerned this will only further compound both the obvious and latent issues

good plan for that one, way too nice to restore

did I mention I want that bike?

quote:Originally posted by hahnda

I actually thought I would feel more like a giant (5'11" and 210 lbs) on this bike but its really not all that bad. Then again I don't have any pictures of me actually on the bike yet. Even if I dont feel like a giant I might look like one.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
the one thing I never figured out about many of the sporting model Italian tiddlers was the use of heel toe shifters

makes about as much sense as HD floorboards and then them sticking to the same goofy levers when they merely substituted foot pegs

I hate HD foot controls for the most part

I'm showing there will be one or more of the following if you don't post pix of the other side:

1) keel hauling
2) tar and feathering
3) boiling in oil
4) sink or swim test to determine if you are a warlock
5) heart steaks if you swim
6) water torture
7) repeated punching of your heels

have any preferences or twists?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont have any of the other side. No particular reason other than the background would have been crappy. I do have this.

I dont mind the shifting, similar to my '70 MG Ambassador except on the opposite side.

I guess to avoid your tortures I will have to get some more pics.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I just got back from Subway and demolished a foot long meatball sub

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Thats a great bike. Trade you for my '55 triumph Tiger Cub for it! Then at least the Guzzi will be at a Giro, where it rightfully belongs! What model year is it?

Thanks for posting the pictures and making us all drool.....Did you get it from that guy in California that has all the cool Italian bikes on ebay? My ducati 160 needs a friend that speaks the same language!

Jack

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by JackC

Thats a great bike. Trade you for my '55 triumph Tiger Cub for it! Then at least the Guzzi will be at a Giro, where it rightfully belongs! What model year is it?

Thanks for posting the pictures and making us all drool.....Did you get it from that guy in California that has all the cool Italian bikes on ebay? My ducati 160 needs a friend that speaks the same language!

Jack
No go on the Tiger. Not 100% sure of the year. Its titled as a '63 though.
Someone should try and organize a mid coast giro.

Nope I didn't get it on ebay. Picked it up in Minneapolis. Found it on craigslist. Supposedly a dealer/shop brought in a few containers of Italian bikes and scooters in the 90's. This was one of them. The guy I got it from was able to get it titled from the import papers.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I bet it would be tons of fun to ride on the street with some modern rubber

and I'd just have to find out if that were true

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Don't fret a bit hahnda.......

I got this lovely cream puff today and I wish you a speedy recovery

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Beautiful!

I'm sure you can find some manual info from MGNOC or one of the guzzi owners forums. As for running a giro, think about taking a vacation and driving that van out east with the Guzzi in back. You will not regret it for a moment. Running that bike as it should be through some of the best roads there are? Do it. You won't regret it for a second.

No giro in the middle... but there is always the m2m.

You should get in touch with the VinMoto folks out your way, bring that thing out to rockerbox or something.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts