Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What is that pile of parts above?

So no one knows any thing about my little Stornella?

I did find some info and had at it last night. I reset the valves and points. Gave it an oil change. Took the carb off, disassembled, and gave the parts a dip in berryman's. Put it all back together, turned on the gas, gave the carb a tickle, and started on the first kick. Had it up and down the road a bit. It can move right along, I'm surprised. Brakes need some attention though, front does nothing and the rear is slightly better.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
<in my best Foghorn Leghorn voice>

Son, that there pile of parts to which you refer is a very exotic 1939 Cooze Marollie and I may actually consider taking your nag of a Guzzi in on a partial trade therefore of.....

<ok it's just me again>

I've no idea why those **** put CZ on the tank though and it will likely end up being fashioned into a mailbox or some bizarre art for my shop

man........ did I ever score last night

pix coming soon but most of it is panhead stuff with some really rare police special bits and one roller is the 1969 built survivor "Intruder" raked to next year girder'd knuckle bike that was featured in Alan Mayes "Ol Skool Choppers" book

my guess is it will end up in Japan or Germany

I confess I've never laid my hands on one of those Guzzi's but do have a reasonable grasp for the Italian way of doing things since I've built and owned quite a few *** bikes and cars

what questions do you have and I do have a couple of really nice dellorto carbs on ebay right now, I'm thinking one may be hop up for your bike

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't have any real specific questions. More or less looking for a parts source. Some of the cables on it are not correct, just some universal ones that are to long. Trying to find a place that has them before I dive into making some myself.

Not sure it really needs to be hopped up. Right now it starts so easy and runs so good that I hate to change anything. I just want to get parts of it updated so I'm not cursing at it along the side of the road.

What do you know about old BSA's?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
not an expert but a quick glance I'm thinking M20

about 8 horses on a good day and plenty of room to dramatically improve them both performance and efficiency wise

one of the most miserable shifting transmissions to ever leave the UK

I've had a few but mostly WM20's

neat bike and who do I have to whack to get that one?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
hey..... what size carb is on that Guzzi of yours?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dell'Orto ME 18 BS

To me the old M20 seems like it should be a blast to drive once I go through it.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
once you get it apart and find the ol boy brit bike club really has no useful hop up and efficency how to's

ring me and I'll share with you a few bits I know to really wake one of those up for not much money at all

it's totally possible to warm one (stock cams can stay) and make it able to cruise 75 with ease

first problem is the CR

they are very very inefficient at under 5:1

I've built a few respectably fast side valves

anyhow...... that's two really fine machines you've shared so far

what others do you have?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
quote:Originally posted by HackAsaw

once you get it apart and find the ol boy brit bike club really has no useful hop up and efficency how to's

ring me and I'll share with you a few bits I know to really wake one of those up for not much money at all

it's totally possible to warm one (stock cams can stay) and make it able to cruise 75 with ease

first problem is the CR

they are very very inefficient at under 5:1

I've built a few respectably fast side valves

anyhow...... that's two really fine machines you've shared so far

what others do you have?
It would be nice to have something that's not limited to 50 mph. I'm hoping to get into the M20 this winter. I'll be thinking of ya.

Anyway I gots lots of bikes. Some run, most dont.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I worked at a BMW dealership once

the owner's wife, who has a face like a bulldog eating mayonnaise, was giving him loads of grief one day

I'll never forget when he said

'if it weren't for a few details.... I'd turn gay..... at least when a man doesn't understand you can punch him'

great stuff, let me know if you decide you have even one too many tacos

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I have two tacos too few

how can we fix this problem?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Not sure how to fix, I do know you are 850 miles from me.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I bet I know somebody that drives around aimlessly so it seems

other than that, I'm guessing you should move closer

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well I did just lose my job. Didn't really have plans to make that sort of relocation though....

Besides, I have to much junk, I cant move.

·
Registered
699 Posts
DO NOT BECOME FRIENDS WITH HACK!! I made that mistake. he just latches on and calls your bikes ugly names out of jealousy and hate! i'm about 150 miles from him and live in constant fear that my RD400 is going to dissapear out of my dining room one day. you have QUITE a collection there, actually, its incredible! i can tell you are a lifer for sure!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I've just come up with a new name for your RD Chopper

FLBEM (face like bulldog eating mayonnaise)

what's for dinner?

all this talk about tacos and dining rooms is making me hungry

·
Registered
699 Posts
i'm having PB&J tonight, i have enough for an extra sammich if you want to ride on in. i can't wait to get the RD reliable enough to ride down to the shrine of all things old and fun and show you how the youngins play hack. ok...sorry to whore your thread hahnda. once again, amazing collection and are you related to hahn solo? he rode alone alot

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I'm in as long as you have JIF extra crunchy and blueberry jelly

I like that Hartford Farms Nutty Oak bread too

cold milk too and none of that sissy low fat stuff

·
Registered
699 Posts
you better stay in TN...i have JIF smooth, grape jelly, whole wheat bread and 1% milk. i have to go easy on the milk, cholestorol problems. yes...youngins have that too.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts