Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ordered a new stainless exhaust from OSpipes in Staffs last week. (Really nice bloke btw)
A bit old school, no email, credit cards, or paypal. So had to post a cheque.
They turned up this afternoon, look really nice. Just hope they fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Lots of bits and bobs done over the last few days.
My dad made up some neat brackets to mount the front indicators.
Exhaust fits well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just bent up some 3mm aluminium.
I'd have liked to use the original indicators, but had a few broken/missing parts. So went for some Lucas knock offs, £30 on ebay

Attachments

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
You will want to keep an eye on those indicators - the mounts will more than likely crack and break with vibration and the weight of the indicators hanging off them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You will want to keep an eye on those indicators - the mounts will more than likely crack and break with vibration and the weight of the indicators hanging off them.

I agree those are pretty tight radii for 3mm. It wouldn't hurt to anneal them and might add some fatigue life back in.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
You may well be right. Might be best to go with plan B.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
You can TIG weld?

If you weld a plate over the top of the original indicator mounts to link up the planes it would solve the integrity problem.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
You can TIG weld?

If you weld a plate over the top of the original indicator mounts to link up the planes it would solve the integrity problem.
Couldn't weld to save my life hillsy....But I know a man that can.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I was hoping to get the Guzzi out for a test ride and MOT today, but bleeding the brakes is turning out to be a real pain.
After a lot of messing last week finally got the fronts done. Had to take both calipers off and hold them upside down in order to get all the air out.
Couldn't get any fluid through the rear master cylinder though, so fitted a rebuild kit, but still no luck.
Thought I'd try to tie the pedal down and leaving overnight and give it another go in the morning.
If that doesn't work I'll have to give "bench Bleeding" a go, although I've never tried it before.
Just hope I haven't done something really stupid.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
There is the method of pumping fluid in through the bleeder nipple. Should force air out the opposite direction

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Are they linked brakes? The mechanic that showed me how to use a syringe many years ago said it was the only way he could get Guzzi linked brakes bled.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
There is the method of pumping fluid in through the bleeder nipple. Should force air out the opposite direction
I tried reverse bleeding for the first time this morning. The fluid pushed up to the master cylinder easily enough, but wouldn't go any further.
So removed the master cylinder again to see if get fluid through from the reservoir end using a syringe.
Ended up forcing the piston out completely shagging the crush washer, so had to order another rebuild kit. This is really getting on my tits now.
Up to now I've always used a vacuum pump, which hasn't let me down until now.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 91 Posts