81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hate the paranoia that something is vibrating loose. That went away when I got a bike that was drilled for safety wire. The peace of mind is amazing
The Guzzi has perfect primary balance and the heron headed 30 inchers are docile as Briggs and Strattons without major work. They are nearly as smooth as an electric motor and seldom ever shake anything loose or suffer the first harmonic fatiguing or breaking things.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
i wanted one of those when they came out ,fantastic work you have done making it new again steveo

with a dry master cylinder
i don't even attempt a brake bleed anymore without bench bleeding the master then bleeding it at the banjo
my own rule : use only brake fluid from a container that has been untouched for a few hrs minimum
a shaken or jostled bottle has bubbles that can possibly be an issue

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Had a phone call from the owner a few weeks ago, she asked me to take a look at the V50.
The last time she'd ridden the bike was to take it for it's MOT (which it passed), and everything was fine.
She tried starting it a few weeks later and it basically went bang.
Anyway finally had a chance to take a look yesterday, think it's fair to say that the engine's toast.
Only good thing is that the bike wasn't being ridden at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
81 - 91 of 91 Posts