Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so while i was surfing some sites, i must have contracted some sort of devious ad/spam/virus without ever noticing until i....

shut down my browser, my wallpaper was changed to a blue screen alerting me to some fatal error with notice that some trojan virus program had taken over.

i freaked. didn't know what to do so i saved a bunch of important stuff to zip discs and then started deleting shit off of the hard drive.

so later, i was in control panels, clicked on display, and saw that my old wallpaper jpeg of me and my bike had been deleted and this blue screen/trojan spam program had taken it's place. i now get a popup ad every now and then wanting to direct me to some antispyware site.

i have to run some utilities programs and hopefully all will be well again. anyone else ever see anything like this?

tex

p.s.- yeah dudes, i already know i suck and am stupid with computers.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and now my computer is faster than ever. plus, when i click on a new page it does a cool new "wipe/fade out" like movie editing trick.

my computer is bitchin' and diseased!

tex

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Can you 'revert' your computer to an earlier time? I know some operating systems give you the option to revert to an earlier day/ time. It'll only run programs and files up to a specified time/ date. At least then you can get online and download an antivirus program off limewire or the like.
Good luck.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks johnny!

i'll boot that up and then go down to the bar for a couple hours then i'll come home and probably boot all over the keyboard.

tex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts