Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a source for redwing ahmmerhead shocks in 14"? I have found 12.5s no problem and I know they made 14 inchers, just can't locate them.

Also a use source for 14" ikons

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Ed Allyn at Allyn Air used to be the Red Wing guy. Email him and see if he can still get them:

http://woodstock-ny.com/allynair/

30 Millstream Road
Woodstock, NY 12498
845-679-2051
[email protected]

Koni M/C shocks are now made by Ikon:

http://www.ikonsuspensionusa.com/servlet/StoreFront

I've had good luck with Progressive shocks off of Ebay. There's usually lots of them as take-offs from the HD crowd going to 11 inch shorty shocks. You just need to go through the Progressive catalog and find out what uses 14 inch shocks. Then search by model or Progressive part number. I got a set of shocks for my CB500T pretty cheaply that way...

Jim

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Ed Allyn at Allyn Air used to be the Red Wing guy. Email him and see if he can still get them:

http://woodstock-ny.com/allynair/

30 Millstream Road
Woodstock, NY 12498
845-679-2051
[email protected]

Koni M/C shocks are now made by Ikon:

http://www.ikonsuspensionusa.com/servlet/StoreFront

I've had good luck with Progressive shocks off of Ebay. There's usually lots of them as take-offs from the HD crowd going to 11 inch shorty shocks. You just need to go through the Progressive catalog and find out what uses 14 inch shocks. Then search by model or Progressive part number. I got a set of shocks for my CB500T pretty cheaply that way...

Jim

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found an e-bay seller with 13.5" redwings. close enough, if they don't work for the h1 they will always work for the T500.

Hey Jim, when I come to pick up that tank can I drop off a t500 motor? Just asking....

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found an e-bay seller with 13.5" redwings. close enough, if they don't work for the h1 they will always work for the T500.

Hey Jim, when I come to pick up that tank can I drop off a t500 motor? Just asking....

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:

13.5 will be too long for the T500 - the axle will grind on the exhausts. Plus I've heard the reservoir Redwings don't work that well all in all. I can tell you from personal experience that the regular Redwings had good damping but the springs were very weak from brand new. And they were an odd enough size that replacing them was almost impossible.

So you're giving me a T500 engine? How nice of you!!!!!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
quote:

13.5 will be too long for the T500 - the axle will grind on the exhausts. Plus I've heard the reservoir Redwings don't work that well all in all. I can tell you from personal experience that the regular Redwings had good damping but the springs were very weak from brand new. And they were an odd enough size that replacing them was almost impossible.

So you're giving me a T500 engine? How nice of you!!!!!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really just want them for the look.

I was hoping you could do your mr. miagi shit and wax on wax off a new kick starter shaft into that puppy while I handed you tools and go....oooh that's how that fits....

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
really just want them for the look.

I was hoping you could do your mr. miagi shit and wax on wax off a new kick starter shaft into that puppy while I handed you tools and go....oooh that's how that fits....

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
If you recall, Mr. Miyagi had Daniel-san do all the work while he initially supervised and then went off and did his own stuff....

You could bring the other 71 and leave it. I could fix the trans and then.... "road test" it for a bit.....

Jim

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
If you recall, Mr. Miyagi had Daniel-san do all the work while he initially supervised and then went off and did his own stuff....

You could bring the other 71 and leave it. I could fix the trans and then.... "road test" it for a bit.....

Jim

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:

Jim
tempting. however I gotta work all weekend and don't know when I will be able to get over there.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:

Jim
tempting. however I gotta work all weekend and don't know when I will be able to get over there.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
scored 14.5" hammerhead redwings off ebay for $165 approx shipped to my door. Woo Hoo!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts