Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm an Irish guy living in the South of France. I'm looking at acquiring a Honda CB400N to restore and customise.

I am wondering what service/repair manuals exist for this model?

I know there is the Haynes manual which covers the 250/400N. However, I'd like to track down a Honda shop manual if one exists.

There appears to be a shop manual which covers the CB400 T/A/E/C models but I can't track one down that covers the the N model :

I have noticed that there are a number of addendums to the shop manual. For example:

Part number: 6641302X - Honda cb250nd/cb400n shop manual addendum
Part number: 6641302Y - Honda cb250nd/cb400n/cm250t/cm400t shop manual addendum
Part number: 6641302Z - Honda cb250n/cb250nd/cb400n/cb400t shop manual addendum

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try the Honda twins forum that starts with the word vintage. Good people and library.
Thanks a million! I found this mysterious secret forum of which you speak and it appears that my feeling was correct - there is no shop manual specific to the CB400N and the CB/CM 400 manual covers 99.8% of what you need.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Thanks a million! I found this mysterious secret forum of which you speak and it appears that my feeling was correct - there is no shop manual specific to the CB400N and the CB/CM 400 manual covers 99.8% of what you need.
You'll find in the group, in the place not to be named, there are some true experts scattered around the planet. So something like the N, which we didn't get here, will have Europeans (or where ever they were sold) that know the bike inside out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts