Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, picked up my bike today...78' CB 750K. Im looking to get things going pretty quick and the bars are the first to go. What are some good options for handlebars? I dont want just strait typical bars, but judging from where the gas tank is it looks like im going to need something wide. Do i use the stock triple clamp? risers? and help would be greatly appreciated. Links and or pics would be nice. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would try the search function, I hear theres a lot of info on bars and clip-ons on this site, I haven't checked for myself, cause I'm already set on a pair of clipons, but I've heard theres lots to learn just through what people have already posted.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
fork size is 35mm and clipons for cb750s are common (champs are both good and cheap).

I recommend a superbike or cb400f (not 1977) bar if you don't have rearsets because the bike will be uncomfortable to ride with anything lower.

I do not recommend clubmans on a cb750 for any reason (unless they are tommiselli adjustable) because they are a pain in the ass to get right on the bike (ie not hitting the tank) and they throw your wrists out at a weird angle, espically when you don't have rearsets.

Tomaselli adjustable clubmans can be adjusted so they are high enough to be comfortable while still giving off that bad as fuck look. If you buy a $20 cheap pair of clubmans I will personally come through the TV and pee in your mouth.

you cannot change one thing that affects riding position without changing other things as well. If you go to lower race style bars you need to change the foot position as well so you are not all balled up and arching your back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh very good. Yeah i've been checking things out..i think im an idiot and hooked with the clubmans like all the other newbs. With that, can you give me any idea or links as to a full proof way to peg and shift relocation? I've seen a couple of pics, but noting more. Thanks man

If it was only a TV....hah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts